|18| Comfort

I run away to my room like the coward I was

I run away to my room like the coward I was. He was risking it all for someone like me. I didn't deserve his loyalty or affection but he was too understanding.

It's like he knew my thoughts even if I didn't move or talk and for me that was one of the scariest things. Finally having someone who actually understood me and didn't see me as a miserable woman.

Facing my dad was the thing that I feared most. My life with him was a painful captivity. I couldn't breathe without him knowing, I couldn't talk with anyone, have any friends. The only thing I had was my mother and he also ripped her apart from me.

For him I was no more than a soldier a pawn who he wished to become a queen but I couldn't even do that.

Every day he reminded me of how weak I was and how I will never be anything in this life. How I will be at his shadow, forgotten. That is why I'm doing this, to show him that I'm more than what he thinks and that I can be a person on my own. A person much better than him. And even if that point means risking it all then I would.

My overthinking was going to be my downfall if I didn't learn how to control it. But nothing frightened someone more than the unknown.

I had to keep my cold and keep going. Do it one more time, giving up was not an option anymore.

When I finally got my brain to stop I noticed how many laps around the room I had given like crazy and got myself to sit up and breathe. Vince was smart and I trusted his judgment. Whatever he is planning we will make it work.

I shouldn't have run from him like that but it was too overwhelming. If I stayed I didn't know if I will be able to stop anything that could happen and the last thing we needed was a distraction.

I got out of my clothes and changed into some comfortable pyjamas. A good night of sleep might not solve everything but I definitely needed it. Tomorrow will be a long and important day, so much is set on this plan.

The beautiful sound of birds chirping and the first rays of sun woke me up and as always it took me while to gain the strength to get up but ended up doing it.

I showered and changed to some jeans and a simple black tee. I left my curls down for once and went to have breakfast.

"Good morning love." Rosa told me straight away.

"Good morning, no one else is up yet?" I looked around the kitchen.

"Vincent is but he is working in the office." She said as she finished cutting some fruits.

"Oh okay, need any help?" I walked to the kitchen island.

"Actually yes, why don't you keep cutting the fruits so I can make the scrambled eggs?" She smiled.

"Of course." I took the knife and started to cut all the fruit that was left.

"Good morning." Vincent entered the kitchen.