Chapter 14- Mixed Signals

Hangovers....

I hate them with a passion.

You get really bad headaches and sometimes you can't remember anything. Right now I wish I didn't remember anything. Aiden took care of me. For someone who did some really mean things to me, he sure does no how to take care of a drunken ex.

I woke in my bed and clearly remember him tucking me in and whispering goodnight. Is it me or is he sending me mixed signals? Nope, he's sending me mixed signals.

Sammie was angry with me for leving her, but I told her I would make it up to her.

"Hey, Bella!" Scarlet chirped as she walked into the kitchen.

"Hey sis," I greeted back with a raspy voice.

"Hangover?" She asked.

"Hangover," I confirmed.

She smirked and did something I wasn't expecting.

"HEY MOM DO WE HAVE ANY PANCAKE MIX!!??" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

I flinched and covered my ears.

"You little sh*t. Mom and dad aren't even here, dumba$$."

She put on an innocent face.

"Hm. I could have sworn they were upstairs,"

"I swear Scarlet i'm gonna kill you!!" I screamed as I got up and started chasing her around the kitchen.

She ran into the living room while I ran after her. Then she grabbed a pillow and tried to throw it at me, but pathetically missed and hit the lamp which shattered onto the floor.

"Ha! Mom and dad are going to kill you." I laughed.

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes.

"You know that saying when you do something bad to someone then comes right back at you, but harder? Oh that's right it's called karma," I smirked.

She flipped me off and started sweeping up the floor.

"While you do you work, Cinderella, I'll go call my friend Sammie," I smiled sweetly.

Oh, how I love revenge.

Once I got to my room, I hopped on the bed and began dialing Sammie's number until Aiden's name popped up onto the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey, are you ok?"

"Yea? I'm fine. Why?" I asked clearly confused.

"Well because of what happened last night.."

"Oh, right, lets just forget about it," I say hoping he would forget about it.

"Yea, thats cool, and uh.. Last night you looked good," I could almost here him smiling into the phone.

Here we go again.

"Ok Aiden stop. You've been really nice to me lately...like really nice and you just gave me a compliment. You're sending me mixed signals here." I tell him. "And not to mention you took me home and tucked me into bed when I was drunk."

It took him a few seconds to reply.

"What, I can't be nice to you?" He asked with sarcasm clearly in his voice.

"No, Aiden you can't be nice to me. For one, You rudely dumped me and two you dumped me for some other girl and three your reason for dumping me is obviously not the real reason and it was completely stupid." I say through gritted teeth.

He took a deep breath.

"I can't tell you the reason ok, but just know I REALLY like you and I never meant to hurt you or for it to go like that. I honestly have been thinking about you non-stop since we broke up." He said through a cracked voice.

I was about to reply until he hung up.

Does he really feel that way? Is he lying? Whats the real reason why he broke up with me? Is he embarrassed of me? Was he crying? Why would he do this?

All these questions kept spilling into my head. But, the real question was..what was I gonna say if he hadn't hung up the phone? I didn't know what to do, so I dialed Sammie's phone.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Sammie meet me at Starbucks at 1:00," I tell her.

"Alright, i'll be there." She says then hangs up the phone.

I looked at the clock that read 12:03, which gives me just enough time to get ready.

I quickly bathed and washed my hair before getting out and drying off. I threw on a pair and panties and a matching bra before putting on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt with my Ugg boots and tying my hair into a sloppy bun. I grabbed my phone and purse and made my way downstairs. I yelled a quick goodbye to my sister and hopped in the extra car my dad keeps in the garage and drove off.

When I pulled into Starbucks I saw that Sammie had already gotten us a table and had already ordered my usual.

"Hey," I greeted her while sitting down at our little table. She had on a pair of dark jeans and a long sleeve shirt on with her haired down in long curls.

"Whats up short stuff?" She greeted back.

I laughed at the little nickname she called me

"Aiden called me," I blurted out.

"Nuh-uh, tell me ALL the details girl."

I caught her up on what had happened over the phone with me and Aiden and when I finished her face was shocked.

"Wow.."

"I know,"

"WOW.."

"I KNOW,"

"I can't believe he said that! So what do you think the reason why he broke up with you?" She asked.

I took a sip of my ice coffee before replying.

"I have no idea,"

"OH, what if he's a spy and he's not allowed to have a girlfriend because of his top secret identity?" She gasped.

"Sammie, really? A spy? What are we kindergartners? Let's get real here," I say snapping my fingers.

"Hey! It could be true," she pointed a finger at me.

"Its not!" I say rolling my eyes.

"Don't say I didn't warn you when he tells you he's a spy." She says putting her hands up in defeat.

Ladies and gentlemen that is Sammie for you.

We finished up our coffees and said our goodbyes before going our separate ways.

When I got home I took off my shoes and watched some tv before I soon found myself into an afternoon nap.

**********************************************

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS CHAPTER(: I WILL UPDATE SOMETIME THIS WEEK(; AND BE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENT(:

XOXO
-VAUGHNS-