Chapter 16- Love

We sat there in silent what felt like an hour, but in reality it was about two minutes, until I finally spoke up.

"What?" My voice was raspy as I questioned him.

"I'm dying, Bella." I thought he was joking until tears started falling from his eyes.

When I didn't say anything he continued.

"Two weeks before we went to the Bahamas, my head kept getting these painful headaches, at first I thought it was just a little injury from football or just playing around with my brother too much. If only I knew how wrong I was. I went to the doctors a week later hoping it would go away, but it didn't. The doctor told me I have a tumor in my brain that couldn't be removed." His voice started to crack, but continued.

"He also told me that I won't make next school year. I was thinking I should tell you, but I didn't want to ruin your trip or anyone else's. Then when we were in the Bahamas I felt closer to you and realized that i've had feelings for you ever since I met you." He grabbed my hands and laced our fingers together.

"What about all the name calling and teasing?" I asked.

"I was clearly flirting," he chuckled. "But when I saw how happy you were on that trip I didn't want to ruin it so I decided I was going to break it off with you once we got back, so you wouldn't be even more hurt when I die and just leave you there broken hearted." He finished.

It took me a few seconds to reply.

"It's too late." I say, my voice plain.

"What's too late," he asked looking at me with sad eyes.

"I already fell in love with you," I chuckled at how stupid I sound. "I didn't realize it until you dumped me. I lied when I said I hated you, I lied when I said I didn't care." I say looking down at my feet.

"I did too," he said. "And it pains me thinking that I'm going to leave you in a few months, not knowing you're okay."

"So what do we do?"

"Well...I do have a bucket list I would love to complete by the end of the summer," he smiled, releasing the sad tension between us.

I smiled back knowing I couldn't sorrow on this forever because I knew everything was going to be alright.

*

I walked into my house, with Sammie tailing behind me, to find a note on the fridge.

It read:

Gone with Gabe for the night. Mom will be home in the morning. Be safe.

Xoxo -Scarlet

P.S Order pizza or make you something(:

"Looks like we're here by ourselves," I say sitting down on the counter.

"Cool, what movie are we watching tonight?" She asked going throught the fridge and grabbing a water.

"Ooh, lets watch a scary movie!" I suggest getting excited.

"No, no, no, and NO. I plan on going to sleep tonight and watching a scary won't help," she says shaking her head. "And plus we're hear by ourselves,"

"Why don't I just invite Aiden?"

"Why? So I can third wheel?"

"Then i'll tell him to bring someone from his team,"

"Now that's an Idea," she smirked.

I just smirked and called Aiden.

"Hello," he answered.