Peeing in Greek Restrooms Pt9

Being short was actually not such a bad thing at all. Considering the Cabriolet had absolutely no space for long legged people, especially in the back row, I had enough space in it and didn't need to worry about a thing.
————
Listening to the sea, the waves and the wind dancing along with the seagulls was just as relaxing as I can imagine heaven to be. It was so peaceful in San Diego. Imagine living here, I thought to myself while devouring my french toast drizzled with maple syrup, served with banana slices and a sweet but slightly sour deep red berry sauce.
My right ear heard Californian college girls venting about new hot topics, drinking their Starbucks coffees and wobbling their Hydroflasks,
whereas my left ear overheard surfers offering other surfers to share some of their wax and complaining about how strong the waves were today.

After I finished my toast and smiled in satisfaction, I wandered alone to the souvenir shop next door. It had caught my attention already yesterday but since my parents didn't want to spend too much time there and didn't want to see me drool over some 'just normal shirts and hoodies', I went now again without anyone rushing me to decide what to buy. The thing was these shirts and hoodies weren't just ordinary ones but they were typical Californian, totally in my style. I was like a happy puppy with wide eyes scrabbling through every piece of clothing with cool design that I saw. I took clothes from every stock and held the shirt or hoodie in front of my torso to see whether it was too big or fitted well but to be honest I didn't know whether I would go for an oversized look or not.
After a while I had some personal favorites in fitting sizes and let my dad choose which one he likes the most.
—-
I'm so into you
But I don't know where I've been, oh
(oh)
l just want you to
To take me where your heart is
And you're made wonderful
I would never want you to feel like
you could never be right
Love is all you want, I would never do
you wrong
Hold it down and give me some time ~Q

The wild wind started a pugnacious fight with my straightened hair as I was grinning, looking to the left where the sea was (which appeared much darker with my dark sunglasses because I certainly wasn't trying to loose my eyesight in this brightness). We listened to my brothers playlist and many good songs came on, like Take Me Where Your Heart Is and White Tiger adding to the already delightful mood another layer of bliss. My hands were up into the air and I was shouting with joy against the wind. I leaned with my left elbow on the car door and  let my hand brush against the strong blustery pressure of gust.
—-
However, the wind blew us to La Jolla, the upper class suburb of San Diego. It looked really pretty with those many colorful flowers and good looking houses. There weren't too huge mansions at all, which made the area look quite nice. My nape hurt after a while from turning my head from right to left every few seconds, to really be able to take in every house I would see. My mom blessed my brother and me as we were gasping out loud passing by the impressive houses to be able to live in such a place and she assured us that if we work hard we would also end up here.

Don't ever be lazy, don't you ever complain about hard work. Work hard, it pays off. - Nicki Minaj.

After some driving we sat down at a beach café and rested (because wind actually made u feel very tired after some while) and stretched our legs. The cabriolet didn't indeed have much space in the back, however being short was actually not such a bad thing at all. Considering the Cabriolet had absolutely no space for long legged people, especially in the back row, I had enough space in it and didn't need to worry about a thing.

My dad wanted to share with my mom a huge diabetic dessert but I talked him out of ordering it because both would get a sugar shock and end up sleeping somewhere of tiredness and I definitely didn't want to be the lucky one to wake them up.
So, after we finished and paid, the car tires began to roll again. We were out of La Jolla already and sat down at a bench between some houses and a relatively empty beach. It was peaceful. But of course right at that moment I felt I had to go to the toilet urgently. I drank too much water at the café haha.
I started to become a little zippy.
Making the situation even better, suddenly a little someone appeared:  

"Ahhhh squirrel-squirrellll" my mom yelled, as she held Nighty on the leash who, in contrast to her, just looked at the little furry animal with confusion.

"Hahaha please come down it's only a cute squirrel", the rest of us tried to calm her.

"Uhhh no no it's cute but no, not for me- i- ahh", she mumbled but trying to state her words firmly so we would somehow try to protect her by grabbing the innocent furry little animal and throw it over sea far away from her.
After some seconds it looked at us with some expression I couldn't quite read (maybe also because it literally was a squirrel) and it dissaperead under some bush.
—-
Some time later the car needed gas, so we drove to the next gas station. As I watched my dad fill up the car, a young girl caught my attention. She wore bride sunglasses, some adidas leggings and good looking Jordan's and she held a huge blue Gatorade in her hand decorated with pink made-nails. Just stupid, that the Gatorade reminded me of  actually needing to use the restroom.

"Uhh.. is there any chance to make a quick restroom stop soon?", I asked calmly
"No, I fear not", my dad answered
"Oh"
"Why? Do you need to go?''
"..no, not really... well, maybe, I guess"
"huh what now?..."
"I don't-"
"Because if you needed to, tell me now, because there's no city ahead of us, so I would need to turn around NOW"
"Ok, yea then that uh...would be nice:D", i grinned as my dad eyed me from the rear mirror
"mh k then", he said in a hushed tone but not an annoyed one.
"mh k then", my mom repeated
"mh k then", i responded
Only my brother didn't play along lol.
—-
We returned again to La Jolla, not to admire the houses this time but just to quickly search for restrooms. The first time around, somehow we all noticed this little restaurant street with about four greek restaurants next to each other. My dad took the opportunity right away and parked in front of them so that I could get off and rush into on of them.
I sped into the first one to my right and as I went slowly in, trying not to seem suspicious looking for the restroom sign, that's when the bar keeper looked at me expectantly and smiled. I didn't see the sign so I didn't want to keep on standing around awkwardly and hesitated whether I should just ask the smiling bar keeper or go to the other restaurant. I smiled back and tried to escape the awkward walking back and forth. But then I remembered that my parents were probably eyeing me and shaking their heads as I acted really stupid. That's why I decided on going back in and just act normal. Now though, the man at the bar was not anymore there, so I thought I could just quickly try to somehow figure out on my own where the restrooms were because in a restaurant there must be one, right?
....
...I searched but I couldn't find one..?
Oh there was a door! But ah man, I needed a code.
Why does this happen to me.

"Ehm...uh..excuse me?...hello:)?..he-llo?", I nervously questioned, always switching my tone.
The chef looked at me with unreadable eyes and ignored my awkward greeting.
I was being in there way too long already for my waiting family and by hearing the tick on the clock in my head, I became more nervous the longer I stood here feeling naked in my own skin.
After 10 seconds the smiling bar keeper cane back with some cups.
"oh hey there:), sup?"
"hi:)"
"..."
Speak you idiot
"Uh- sorry. Can I use your restroom?", I choked out and taking in a breath I didn't know I was holding onto.
"Oh uhm..", he started as he looked back to the chef behind him and then back again to me.
"...you actually have to buy something like some water for getting the code..", he stuttered with ceased eyebrows.
"Oh- I doubt I don't have any money with me though", I explained searching and expecting to find some coins in my empty pockets.
I already twirled on 90° to just run away from all of this happening and just hop into our car and never come back.
"..oh well. You know what? Just go:) It's 1 5 8 3 9", he confirmed in a pitying tone.
"That's very kind of you:) Thank you very much!"
"Sure;)"

Wait, what was the code? God. Was it 1 3 8- no. It started with 1 5... - 1 5 8.. ? help
I seriously needed to embarrass myself once again.

"Sorry, what was it again?"
"1 5 8 3 9"
"1 5 8 3...?"
"9"
"1 5 8 3 9?"
"yes, 1 5 8 3 9"
"Ok, sorry haha. Thanksss:)"

Ugh

I approached the door, typed in the code and entered.
From the previous laughters I had, my mascara had gotten smudged, so I first fixed that. Rethinking the conversation I had a minute ago plus the smudged mascara made me want to explode even more.

I literally ran back to my waiting family. Running like I was running away from spiders, running away like I was embarrassed of what would happen next.

"You're already here? Hmm, that didn't take long", they all stated in sync, like a glitch in the Matrix...