Observing Pedestrians Pt3

"Heyyy, wake uppp''. Jeez, it's only 6am and the pillows and silky white sheets hugged me perfectly, it was too sad to get up. But, unfortunately I had to and obeyed my parents good morning words. We marched to the Southern Manhattan side and ordered breakfast in a local Starbucks. I had a dragon fruit drink and tried the so well known Starbucks cake pops, and yep they were good. My brother hissed as he tried his Macchiato: ,,jeez i burned my tongue'' he groaned, and managed to steel a few sips from my drink without me noticing. I was too caught up looking at the people and thinking about the highlight of the day program we had planned: a helicopter flight. We finished eating and went to the helicopter station which was located on the Hudson River.

But there was a Plottwist.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but it says your booking is for the 16th so it's actually tomorrow. Wanna come tomorrow again?'', announced the short black woman with dark sunglasses covering her small face. Disappointment washed over my brothers and my face.  But well, tomorrow it is then but ohh I can't wait!
Actually, the program was that my brother and I fly with the helicopter over the metropole and then we, as a family, go on the ferry and admire the symbol of NYC: the Statue of Liberty.

People pushed me from every angle, people rushed, peoples bodies rubbed at every near ones. Everyone wanted to get THE spot on the ferry to see the green French lady with a flame in her lifted right arm. Wind was messing up hairstyles and making bodies feel the shiver. It wasn't as hot as yesterday but still the sun was burning my green-brown pupils. Suddenly everyone was taking out their phone to snap a picture of the lady in green. There she was.
——
,,We would like one cheese pizza and uh..one pepperoni with 4 waterbottles'', my dad ordered at the cheap downtown random pizza dollar place. Only 99 ¢ for one pizza slice, every foodies dream. With two huge take-away boxes we walked straight  to the Central Park to observe the people of the familiar but still mysterious city and to taste the  pizza. While enjoying the sun and salty pizza and listening to the chirping birds on the leafless trees, I came up with wanting to play UNO. Unfortunately, my family declined the offer due to the greasy fingers from eating, so my dad went to a Starbucks to take some napkins. He returned and we sat somewhere else with new surroundings. We talked for hours long and my brother and I compared our two really different English accents. Mine is more American than his but of course nothing compared to the New Yorkers living here. While I pronounce the R/L sounds harder, he speaks clearer. The time moved slowly but fast enough so it already became time to leave and walk to the hotel back.

I texted my friends and let them know what happened today and asked them the same question in return. It made me happy and I smiled knowing my friends were doing fine. I was laying down on my bed*sheets*with still my jeans on. My brother stood next to me saying I immediately should change because he doesn't think it's hygiene, which was true but still, the lazyness took power over me. After almost getting attacked by pillows which were surely before on the room floor, i finally got up and changed my jeans into my favorite black Nike joggers. Their warm inside but still thin material was the key to my comfort zone.

We ate again take away salads but this time in our room. We were chatting about the day and the upcoming ones, we played UNO and had a great time