Blue Clouds and White Water Pt4

Free. Was it this feeling that I was desperately trying to feel months long? Yea, I really couldn't wait to feel it.
My eyes shut up. Jetlag was still present, gosh how much i hated it. But today my mood was rich, today was the day my brother and I dreamed months for: the long waited helicopter flight.
First, we went to Le Pain Quotidien, a romantic french cute café with really good pastries. The waiter was in absolut hectic and messed up our order but we shrugged it off cause you know, everyone nowadays has days where your mind shuts down any new informations and literal hurricanes inside the head messes up your mental organization.
We paid and rushed to the destination.

What if we fall? What if we drop and fall into black empty darkness sprinkled with some blue clouds and white water? I wasn't scared on the level of having wobbly knees and short breaths but I admit that I was scared of the thought of dropping into the dirty green colored sea under me and needing to feel the freezing water along with the thousand fish in it. Thankfully, I realized the safety was top and I just had to relax and enjoy the upcoming view of the city.

Ready? set? go. I was flying! Last time that I wrote this was in a plane, but this time it was a helicopter. I couldn't even describe what I saw. Words can't express the serotonin I felt being above the world most known city. It was just..incredible. So many windows, so many small people with their own lives and everyone is their own main character. My eyes were glued to the skyscrapers: how does one build such tall things? How does it feel to live or work in such a building? Who resides here and how can people afford it?
The helicopter turned and the machine started to tilt. A once in a lifetime scenario.

We landed. My feet were still processing the earth's stagnation and we both ran into my parents arms who welcomed us back to earth, as if we were aliens. I was babbling, others would get a headache and would urge me to calm down but my parents, on the contrary, wanted to listen to every positive adjective I was describing the view with.

Without big notice we trudged to the Brooklyn Bridge. There were many people, I even put my mask on to prevent rubbing into unwanted infected bodies on the sunny and warm day. We only walked to a certrain point, took family pictures and turned back to where we started walking up the bridge.

The overwhelming hotness let me melt in exhaustion and the second I neared to a rock, i dropped.
1-3 breaths taken in, each slowly and steadily. My body gave up for a quiet and colorful minute as my upper body was leaned over with my head sunk in and my elbows resting on my knees. But the dramatic moment ceased as quickly as it started, because my mom snapped me out of my character telling me we're going somewhere to eat, just a few more blocks to walk. Liar liar liar. But actually though, who would have known that this walk would get me high....?
————
Not high on weed but my favorite drug: serotonin and nostalgia. We saw the Irish Town, Chinatown, Little Italy and Soho. Each and every neighborhood was great and beautiful in its own way but I was extremely attracted to Soho. The inhabitants were rather Gen Z than millennials. All had either streetwear, or Indie style or even just strange combination of colors, shades and patterns. It felt as if people were completing each other and the result was a very aesthetically pleasing atmosphere. It felt also as my future living place. The apartments looked really pretty and there wasn't much graffiti on the walls but in fact street-art. I saw art on the walls about the American culture, some quotes surely popular on Instagram and artsy work for example yellow cows, walking sushi with faces on it, onions dancing on peoples shoulders and much more. You felt home and safe even though you're in New York, that big place with all types of people with their very own crazy minds and crazy choices and crazy ambitions. Just a 10min long  ride in the dark spooky subway would get you either in Manhattan with all the banks, or the Manhattan with colorful Gen Z people, or in international Manhattan meaning the Korean, Chinese, Italian, Irish....-town and there will still be many more people from all around the world.  All of those people together in one big city on one small island. And then there's still Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn and Staten Island.