Charlie places a comforting hand on my shoulder, "You legally only have to go five times. The judge wouldn't budge, I'm sorry Violet. I know how much you hate it."

************

My knee bounced at a rapid pace, nerves maybe... definitely. I look around the all white room that was suddenly making my eyes burn. I look down at the blue and white gown the nurse had me put on and started picking at the hem.

"You'll be fine Violet... and despite any results just remember everything takes time."

I look over at Charlie, directly into his eyes which seems to startle him a bit, "Thanks Charlie. I mean it. For everything."

"Don't worry about it kid. Just gotta get you better." I could tell as he looked away he was feeling overwhelmed and part of me felt guilty that I haven't really tried harder.

"Chief Swan. Miss Swan."  A smooth voice called out making me turn my head towards the door.

Just my luck.

"Doctor Cullen," Charlie's quick to stand and shake his hand, "Thank you so much for seeing us."

Dr. Cullen smiles at Charlie, "It's no problem at all," he turns towards me with a small smile, "Hello Violet."

"Hello." My voice came out as a soft whisper.

Dr. Cullen takes his seat at his desk before look up at Charlie and I, " So, I've already read over your file Violet," he starts making me nod, "Now it's important for you both to keep in mind that recovery for circumstances like this take time and we're not going to see results straight away. I'm also aware that legally you've agreed on only five consolation, any more then that would only be because you allow it Violet?"

Charlie nodded, "I'm leaving it her decision if she wishes to continue once her five sessions are over but if it gets to a point where I feel she need to be here she will. We agreed on that." Charlie finishes looking over at me making me nod, "It won't come to that. I promise."

"I know Violet."

Dr. Cullen nodded, "Lets not waste any time then. Today I'll just be weighing you in, taking a physical examine and drawing some blood. Is that alright with you both?"

Drawing blood. Blood... Immortal. How does he work here if he truely is a vampire, the amount of blood he'd see day.

"Violet?"

I look up at the sound of my name to see Dr. Cullen staring at me with a gentle look on his face, "Is it alright with you?" He asks me referring to the plan he'd stated.

I nod before looking over at Charlie hoping he'd get the point, he takes a moment before nodding himself, "Oh. Uh right. Um I'll just be outside Violet. Yell if you need me."

I chuckle softly, "Will do Charlie." Once the door clicks shut I look up at Dr.Cullen, "Shall we." I gesture towards the scale off to the side, he sends me a small smile and grabs his clipboard before standing. I slowly make my way over before standing on the scale, looking straight ahead so I don't see the numbers, not wanting to be disappointed in myself.

Dr.Cullen adjusts a few things before writing down my weight on the clipboard. I hesitated for a moment before asking, "Up or down?"

He meets my eyes knowingly, "Down."

I sigh nodding my head.

Big surprise there.

"Don't be so hard on yourself," Dr.Cullen gestures for me to step off the scale, which I do, "As I said before you can't expect results immediately and being hard on yourself will certainly not help you." He then gestures for me to sit on the hospital bed, being through all of this before I sit on the hospital bed and lean forward, "You've done this before I take it?"

"In this specific order too." I say making him chuckle. I feel him reach over and open the back of my gown slightly, just enough to see my spine. I knew the bones all but protruded out of my back. I felt his thumb and fore finger count down each vertebrae of my spine, his cold finger making me flinch slightly, "I apologise for the cold hands."

I shrug, "I'm used to it. Alice is a hugger."

Dr. Cullen chuckles, "Yes she is." He says cooly ignoring that fact that I implied Alice too shared his temperature, he continues to check my eyes, ears, heart rate, reflexes, always writing down his answers on the clipboard. I watch as he starts to set up for the blood draw and before I could even stop my self I ask, "Does it bother you?" He glances up at me before back down at the needle, "Does what bother me?"

I bite my lip slightly thinking about how I can phrase my question but settle on simply saying what I was thinking, "Does being around blood so much bother you?". He doesn't answer for a moment before looking up at me, "No." shaking his head, "It doesn't bother me. I often feel one of my purposes in life is to help people, that's what I enjoy doing...It also helps with the regret I feel for not being able to save everyone.. so when I am able to help someone it makes it all the more special to me."

I couldn't help but stare at him in that moment. If Bella was right and the Cullens were vampires, supposedly soulless monsters,... how? How can this doctor who is a vampire, who saves lives... sound like he has more of a soul then I have? What purpose did I have.. other then being a monster who killed her own family.

*************

Carlisle stared at the violet haired girl who was still so deep in thought she hadn't even noticed he'd began taking her blood. Carlisle wasn't a hundred percent sure if there was a double meaning behind her question and in this very moment he didn't really care, this frail and broken looking girl in front of him made his heart sink. This girl, who was his sons mate, in this moment looked so torn about herself it saddened him to see. It reminded Carlisle of his first few decades of vampirism, the lack of self love he'd shown himself, it was true that he'd still believed himself to be damned but this young fragile girls life has barely begun and she's already been through so much.. seen so much. When Carlisle first got Violet's file he was so saddened by what had happen to her, what she's been through. Carlisle was determined to help her and not just because she was Jaspers mate but because she needed help. Carlisle reaches out his pale hand and sits it a top of her own making her look up at him, stormy grey eyes full of hurt and anguish meet eyes of amber gold and kindness, " I can help you."

"I hope you can."