Chapter 57.2 (Part 2)

Start bij het begin

"There has been a mysterious case inside the building just recently," she continues.

Asami walks over to his side and serves her child his share, "Eat first." She kisses him on top of his head as her worried eyes study how his face brightens while looking down at his plate. He truly is hungry.

She remembered the disarming conversation she had with the young attendants when she was escorting them out. It's truly concerning, especially at the thought that the suspect is still on loose and could attack them again any moment from now.

"Even the authorities refused to meddle and help with the case after confirming the evidence they had was a dead end. There were no leading traces left to pin out what could have caused the incident to happen."

Jin froze from blowing air towards the hot pasta entangled on his fork as his eyes averts to his mother's calm but stern expression as if she had remembered something unpleasant.

It must be really serious for her to remain in that expression, even at the dining table.

How worst could it be? Is it murder?

His mother serves him lemon water and he obligingly drank as he was a little parched.

Well, that's probably a first. CDA has been known to be peaceful with zero criminal cases present. All he knew was that the building has been well managed and there weren't any rumors or difficulties with the tenants since the building upholds its title with guaranteed top-notch security and first-rate home service.

"Everyone had a hunch that it was related to heist but after checking and mandating inspection in every room and floor, there was not a single person or belonging that went missing."

Missing? Heist?

At least it's not murder.

He continues to drink from his lemon water but is now in deep thoughts.

Well, could his abducted underwears be considered?

He shakes his head.

His mother strokes his slightly damp hair, troubled and couldn't let her heart be at ease, "It was strange though because I heard it mainly started happening on the emergency stairs. The cameras were cut off for as short as fifteen seconds and then the server of the entire building was sabotaged."

Jin almost spits out his drink in shock if he didn't hold himself back.

Sabotage?

He stiffened on his seat and it was as if a bolt of lightning had struck him for thinking of a certain person which a little and hidden part of him assumed was responsible. No, that's not possible. He coughs and went straight to the kitchen island to get a clean tissue.

He wipes his mouth cautiously, looking at his mother, a little stunned to speak.

Asami was supposed to follow him as she was worried, but her child raise his hand at her and shakes his head. She sighs and slumps down in her seat again. Just a few more weeks, they'll have to endure it for a few more weeks, but if she thinks about it, there's a big chance that the building could be hunted. And that would be at least understandable, but how can a mere ghost sabotage servers?

Plain ridiculous.

She breathes deeply and gently massages the sides of her head. She should really stop watching Dr. Ong's paranormal night show. Aigoo . . .

"I know it's frightening, sweetheart. I'm telling you this to be careful from now on. Don't ever open the door if someone knocks."

Of course, there's no reason as to why she and Jihyuk would knock before entering when they both knew the passcode of the apartment. So in conclusion, knocking is what a stranger would most likely do.

Jin coughs again, feeling the stabbing pain deep within his throat and he winces when the pain wouldn't fade away. His mother nudges him to seat and he did, his eyes not leaving hers as he clenches his pajamas at the side of his thighs.

It's not that what she said frightened him, rather he was surprised when the first person to come across his mind was the clingy cougar that once dominated this apartment himself.

Stairs, sabotage, and mystery.

Was it just a coincidence? "W-Was no one hurt?"

Asami shakes her head. To God's mercy, no one was injured, missing, or robbed.

Out of nowhere the doorbell of their apartment rang and the once soft tones that ripple and bounced happily through the air were now eerie and disarmingly frightening in the deep and silent night.

Their current discussion was not a big help for Jin to not overthink the worst scenarios inside his head.

His heart was hammering inside his chest as he and his mother both fell into deep and uncomfortable silence and dared not to move a muscle.

But what if Hiro has nothing to do with it?

What if the building has really been infested?

A minute later, another threatening knock followed.

"Jib-e nu-gu iss-eo?" (Korean: Anyone home?)

Jihyuk's faint and muffled voice can be heard all over the quiet apartment and soon after, Mochi's scratching and barking from upstairs resurfaces.

Their deep breaths of relief can be heard next which Jin didn't even know he was holding his breath until now.

It's just Jihyuk.

Author's Note:

FOR MORE chapters to read read my story on Webnovel.

I upload new chapters there first, three days in advance before I'll post it here. Hehehe.

I also often upload chapter there daily. (^-^) V

BOOK TITLE:

Captivated (BL)

MY ACCOUNT:

Daniel_BlakeZD