46 ❥ the flash-drive pt.2

Start from the beginning

After about 15 minutes, the driver drops me off at the cemetery and I make sure to tip him extra since he had to witness me ugly crying for over 30 minutes.

I notice that the boys aren't here yet which is a relief because it gives me time to talk to my mom.

"Hi, mom..."

"What are you doing?"

"Talking to her."

"Why?"

"It makes me feel like she's still here. You try."

Fuck, I need to stop thinking about Asher.

"A lot of things happened today...I found out about my real dad and how shitty of a husband Jonathan was to you."

"I'm so so sorry you had to go through something so horrible. I know you're in a better place and at peace now."

"I know you would be disappointed if you saw how Asher and I are fighting but mom, he lied to me! He knew the truth and didn't tell me! I always tell him everything, no matter how bad it is. Right now, I don't know if I could ever forgive him."

"As for Jonathan, I'm never forgiving him. But not just for what he put me through but mainly for what he did to you. He hurt you in more ways than one and you were trapped in an abusive marriage. He's disgusting."

"I hope you know that I'm not mad at you for any of this. I understand why you did what you did and why you had to keep it from me. I love you so much." I whisper while leaning my head against the headstone and wiping away some of my tears.

"Alyssa!" I hear Xander's voice from the entrance.

I don't bother moving though, they know where her grave is.

I just continue rereading the words on the headstone.

"Alyssa! Thank god." I gasp when I feel three pairs of arms wrap around me tightly.

"I'm fine guys," I say before pulling away from them.

"Fuck, we were worried sick. When Asher told us you ran away, we automatically thought the worst." Axton says.

"What did he say happened?" I ask.

"He told us that when he came home, you, your dad, and Macy were fighting and that you completely shattered everything in your room and then you grabbed all your things and ran out of the house," Jesse explains.

"So he didn't tell you why I ran away," I ask.

They all shake their heads.

"Of course, he fucking didn't." I sigh.

"Woah...since when do you cuss?" Xander gasps.

"Since I found out that my whole family fucking sucks," I mutter.

"What happened?" Axton asks.

"It's a long story." I shrug.

"We have time," Jess says.

"How about we go take a drive and talk about it?" Xander suggests.

I think it over for a moment before nodding and following them to Xander's car.

Jess and Axton take the seats in the back while Xander and I sit in the front.

"Alright, tell us everything," Axton says.

I take a deep breath and hesitate for a couple of minutes.

Well, here goes nothing.

"It all started the night Asher went missing. That night, Macy had a man over...Dr.Moore."