two.

ʚɞ

jieun loudly sighed as she sat up in her bed, unable to bask in her negative feelings as her phone began to ring.

she looked at the caller id, a small smile instantly taking over her features.

older & worse sim

the girl answered the call, pressing the speaker button as soon as it'd connected. "hi, mate,"

"hi ji, how are you?" her older brother's voice sounded through the room, sounding somewhat out of breath.

"'m fine.. a bit stressed, you?"

"same here. we're on our first break of the day since we were all close to passing out," a small chuckle left the boy's lips, hand moving up to brush his bangs out of his line of sight.

"take care of yourself." she said, as stern as ever.

jake softly giggled at her change in mood, nodding even though she wasn't able to see. "always, ji. don't worry about me,"

"the boys? they good, too?"

the question was natural for her. ever since their debut a few months back, jieun'd always made sure to ask how her brother's second family was doing – since she needed to make sure he was okay around them, too.

the pair had grown up close in age, and had rarely been able to fully indulge in their culture. australia was their motherland — and when jaeyun told her he'd passed an audition and would be moving to korea, it broke her heart.

but, the two-year younger girl had to feign happiness for the boy. she knew how badly he'd wanted to achieve his new goals of becoming an idol, and the last thing she ever wanted was to be the reason jake wasn't able to do something he wanted to do.

with the pandemic, the pair had gone nearly three years without seeing eachother in person. the boy often called her, forcing his cries down because of how desperately he wanted to be around her again — but what could they do?

ʚɞ

sim siblings <3