bestie vibes only

Start from the beginning

i know this because that did happen before.

and it makes me so happy for my situation because that means i have the power to make him choose me over sneaky links.

his whore ass would choose me over sex.

which means i could most likely end up being successful in getting him to stop having hook ups all the time. exactly what i've been wanting.

once i'm done in the bathroom, i check my phone.

pip
'yea i can come'
'better than being home alone on a saturday night' 12:16pm

oh.

i'll have to get back to her later.

i toss my phone on my bed and make my way to asher's room, knocking on the door first.

"hold on!" i hear... juliet's voice?

"jules? the hell are you doing?" i ask demandingly.

after a few more seconds of loud whispering, i finally hear asher telling me i can enter.

i'm met with juliet sulking on asher's couch, and asher standing in front of her broadly. his eyes flicker to my body, then back up quickly.

almost forgot i'm still wearing that nightie.

"you gonna tell her?" he snaps to juliet.

"fine" she responds quietly. "so i was trying to set you guys up..."

no fucking way she's saying this right in front of asher. did she just tell him this??

i can't let him think i'm apart of this in any way.

"why would you do that?" i ask, hopefully passing as oblivious.

"just thought it would be nice for the four of us to be able to go as a group" she mumbles.

she's instantly catching on to how i'm playing this out. one of the many reasons she's my best friend. always plays along with my lies.

she knows he can't find out the real reason she tried to set us up, so she covers it up like it's her job.

"oh, well now that you mention it, that could be a good idea! you don't agree, asher?" i ask innocently.

"the problem is, she made a plan to lie about something like me having a line up of girls to be my date when in reality i already had one as of a whole week ago all so that she could surprise you today with the party" he glares at juliet.

"no offense, jules, but that's a terrible plan for a set up."

asher nods in agreement. "but wait for her excuse."

juliet swears under her breath before explaining. "it was originally a good idea. but my accomplice was not a good partner. i told jack to tell ash a lie similar to what i told you so that he wouldn't have a date."

"he's a terrible liar" asher adds.

i appreciate the effort, but choosing jack to help was an awful idea.

"maybe next time just recommend that we all go together instead of making it a last second surprise for no reason?" i smile.

"don't act innocent. you lied, too" juliet accuses. "you pretended you had no idea what party i was talking about even though ash told you about it last night."

this is not part of the script, jules.

"really?" i deadpan to asher.

he shrugs.