Everybody is in the kitchen except for Tyson and Aidan right now. Usually, Tyson is the first one awake, so I don't know where he is right now.

My body ignites with the heat of someone's stare. I try my best to ignore it, gulping down a much larger sip of coffee that goes down the wrong pipe, leaving me in a coughing mess. I choke, my throat feeling dry and hot as the coughing subsides.

"Are you okay?" Holden asks the moment the sound of me choking up my lungs stops.

I nod, still trying to catch my breath back.

My stomach growls and I search the kitchen with my gaze for something that appeals to me right now. The only thing I can think of is Cheerios. The downside, the place they store the bowls, is right next to where Malachi is standing.

Feigning indifference, I stride right over, reaching up and opening the overhead cabinets when I feel his breath on the side of my neck.

"See, I have an effect on you, sweetheart," he mumbles into my ear, hiding the action of his head behind the open cabinet door.

"An effect on my gag reflex? Most definitely," I seethe, annoyed by the smugness in his tone.

"Nah, that is my dick," he murmurs, finally moving his face away from the crook of my neck as I grab my bowl and close the cabinet door.

What the fuck happened to forgetting that ever happened?

I send him an irritated glare before I walk off and go pour myself a bowl of cereal. I feel his gaze lingering on my every movement. My body feels hot and my hoodie and leggings feel suffocating, which I try to dismiss as I shovel mouthfuls of cereal into my mouth, that being my main fixation. Not his searing gaze. Or anything else in the room, for that matter.

Thinking over my plan for the day, I think of what I can do. After my breakfast, it might be nice to go for a quick run before coming back and meeting up with everyone on the slopes for a few hours. I'll spend lunch on the mountain and might call my mother. It has been a while since we have spoken and I am sure she misses me as much as I miss her. I could also spend the afternoon—

Shouting echoes throughout the entire house. Very loud shouting at that. It catches me off guard and my brain instantly goes to the possibility of something like a person breaking in or a fire. The possibilities of that happening are pretty slim considering this house would be regarded as secluded and forgotten by someone who isn't looking for it. And as for the fire, we are in the middle of the mountains, but that still doesn't mean it couldn't happen...

I dismiss those thoughts the moment I recognize one of the two voices.

"Care to fucking explain? Don't you think I deserve that much?" Aidan yells at, assumably, Tyson, since he is the only one not in the kitchen right now.

I glance at Brooklynn. Her eyes widened and, as reality sets in, she winces. She leaves the kitchen quicker than I could blink.

Holden seems just as taken aback when I catch a glimpse of him. I think everyone is just listening to make sure there aren't any signs of violence. As far as we know right now, this is purely a verbal altercation. More yelling pursues, interrupted momentarily by something hitting the ground, resulting in a loud thud throughout the whole house.

Holden stirs back to the present, his posture straight as he leaves the kitchen in a hurry. I spare a brief glance at Malachi, his expression revealing absolutely nothing. He isn't staring at anything in particular, seemingly daydreaming and completely out of it, unaware of all his surroundings.

Dismissing him, I leave the kitchen, following the sounds of all the yelling. It doesn't take long to find the place where all the commotion is taking place. In the center of the living room, Aidan looks to be infuriated, while Tyson just listens to his yelling. Not interrupting, simply copping whatever Aidan is throwing at him.