DESIRE.

(Authors Note: Hi, hi sorry for the delay c:, there's going to be a lot of time jumping in this, but I tried my best to highlight the timeline of events clearly)

Some time before. (Mentally 2000 Years Ago from today)

"Good and Bad," "Virtue and Evil."

Words that mean nothing to me.

When I first laid my eyes on her, I used to believe she personified evil.

The corpses and tormented spirits of my friends, lovers, and mentors trailed behind me, their anguished faces screaming betrayal. Yet, my face remained stoic, my heart empty, and my eyes devoid of emotion, a flicker of light absent.

I strode toward Salem's dark castle, her colossal sentient Grimm keeping their distance, repelled by my aura's pure malice.

Yes, I once considered her the worst person in the world, the source of all my problems.

But as our gazes locked, my mind began to wander, my priorities shifting away from the Grimm Queen. Her unwavering, determined eyes met my impassive, dulled orbs.

"You've gotten a lot farther than you should have," she says to me, her tone dripping with disdain, "But that ends here."

She pauses, expecting a response from me.

I remain silent, for she has long been beneath my notice.

"Cat got your tongue?" she taunts with a smug smirk. "This is where your slaughter ends, pretender."

In a flash, her body explodes into an infinite amount of pieces, with black ichor decorating the decorum of the castle and the cobblestone floors.

My hand holds a wooden stick, vibrating furiously in my hand, it's thunderous energy coursing throughout the weapon like an aura. 

Salem's body stitches back together, weaving together with shadow and the nearby ichor. 

Her expression changed from the determined, and dominating presence befitting to a dark queen such as herself, to nothing more than a panicked and cornered animal.

My hand clutches a wooden staff, vibrating violently as it pulses with thunderous energy, coursing through the weapon like an aura.

Salem's body reconstitutes itself, reforming from shadows and nearby ichor.

Her expression shifts from the demeanor of a determined and dominating dark queen to that of a panicked and cornered animal.

"W-what was that?!" She exclaims, her mind struggling to process the damage she has endured.

No matter how many times I strike her down, she'll always reform. I lack the Silver Eyes required to shatter and obliterate the immortal.

But I don't need them. Ren's semblance is more than enough to conceal me from her sight.

How does one kill an immortal?

Decapitation?

A stake through the heart?

No.

The only way to truly kill an immortal is to extinguish their will to persist, to make them loathe existence more than anything else.

I'll keep breaking her body, her will, and her spirit.

Until there's nothing left for her to cling to.

Not Ozma.

Not her children.

Not even her precious magic.