My Life ends, then the Remnant Speedrun begins!

(You are like Flowey from Undertale, Remnant itself has turned into a game and you will be exploiting glitches to absolutely destroy everything in your path. This chapter is an introductory chapter, the next chapter is when the "Speed run" begins)

As I sit in Beacon Academy, I couldn't care less about the combat classes held by Glynda Goodwitch. The teams are all ready to learn, but I'm stuck in a continuous loop, so it's not like anything is new to me. This is supposed to be the most exciting class at the school, considering it's a combat school designed to train warriors. But to me, it's just a waste of time.

Today, it's the same old one-on-one battles. I'm sitting at the back of the class, lost in my thoughts, having heard this lecture countless times before. I already know who will be called out - me and Yang, as usual.

"Alright class, for today's Sparring we'll have (Name & Last Name) and Yang Xiao Long fight one another as per requested from Ms. Xiao Long," Goodwitch announces.

I sigh and reluctantly make my way to the front. Yang follows along, but I'm in no mood to change into my combat uniform. I stand there in my regular clothes, scowling to myself at how inefficient this is. I'm losing time in class, and this mistake has cost me a lot of time in the run.

"Are you going to change?" Glynda asks, but I dismiss her with a wave of my hand. "This is fine," I say, not caring about the uniform.

Yang cracks her knuckles together and cheers, "I won't go easy on ya!" I don't react to her comments, knowing that she's going to start swinging soon. However, I can't save any time right now. If I make a disturbance and get kicked out, I'll be forced to listen to a lecture from Ozpin, ruining my reputation in the process. Not that I care about my reputation anyway.

So, I decide to meet in the middle. I'll harm my reputation a little bit while not having to spend five minutes fighting Yang and slowly demoralizing her. Just before the battle begins, I raise my hand and say blankly, and with a deadpan, "...I forfeit."

I gaze uninterestedly at the scene before me. How many times have I been in this exact situation? The fight between Yang and me, the same sparring match over and over again. The time loop had started around three years ago, but mentally, I've been stuck in this cycle for countless millennia.

I estimate that I've experienced this same battle at most 50,000 times. It's hard to keep track of time when your entire reality is being trapped in a never-ending loop. I think it's been 4000 years, other times it feels like 4002. But it doesn't matter, time is meaningless in my current state.

My mind trails to what's supposed to be three years from today.

Three Years from the Present...

Laying on the ground, defeated and broken, I can barely hold back the tears as I clutch onto my bleeding wound. The feeling of worthlessness overwhelms me as I struggle to come to terms with the fact that I've failed. "No...," I whisper through gritted teeth, as the blood and innards seep out of my wound. "You... were our last hope," I sob, my voice cracking with emotion. My aura had long since run out, drained from the final fight with Salem.

Despite the excruciating pain, I force myself to look around at the others. My eyes fall on Ruby Rose, the Silver Eyed savior who had built up the resolve to defeat the great evil Salem once and for all. But now, she lies motionless on the ground, her limbs twisted in unnatural angles. The strike from Salem's Grimm shadow tendrils had killed her instantly, leaving us all helpless and hopeless.

I can't help but feel a sense of déjà vu as I reflect on the events leading up to our confrontation with Salem. We were so confident, thinking that victory was within our grasp. The journey we embarked on, the battles we fought, all seemed to culminate in this one moment. But it's clear that our optimism was misplaced.