18. Welcome (part 2)

Tony's POV

I can't believe that arrogant snob has to join our team. On top of that, Natasha and Pepper wanted Annabeth to join because they needed more girls on the team and Annabeth was a skilled warrior. She's already trained in a range of weapons, all however were quite out of date; swords, shields, spears, archery. At least she isn't as bad as the guy who almost killed Pepper... oh and the rest of the avengers of course.

As Nick went to go and collect Perseus along with a few agents, I turned back to my team.

"Annabeth, we need to get you to the Avengers Tower and get you a room."

"How will I get there?"

"Me and Pepper will need to stay here for a while longer, so I'll get Happy to drive you there... unless you can fly?"

"I can't fly and who's Happy?"

"He is our driver," Pepper stated, getting off the phone, "I just called him. He's just outside the front entrance waiting for you, just give him your last name and say that we sent you down."

"And he knows where you have to go." I ensured her.

"Thank you" a shy smile on her lips as she left down the different halls.

————————————-

Annabeth's POV

OH MY GODS!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I'M ACTUALLY AN AVENGER!!!!!

As soon as I was sure that I was out of sight of my new teammates I did a little happy dance that I tended to do when I was really happy, only Percy had seen me do that. Percy... wait he's joining the Avengers too, and he hates me so much. I guess I'll just have to try and... win him back? Enough about that though. I raced down the hall toward the room where most agents kept personal belongings in coded lockers.

I entered my code as fast as I could, grabbed my weapons, spare clothes that were in the locker and any other items. I was now staring at a completely empty locker, I had to be honest I would miss this place.

Just as I was about to shut my locker I heard someone else enter the room...

"When is that stupid Director going to be out of Hydra's way?"

I gasp silently. HYDRA is still around, I mean I know the actual monsters still are but, didn't Captain Rogers take down the organisation in WWII?

"Soon. First, we have to make sure that his heroes are out of the way first. Then he'll have no-one to come to his aid."

I quietly snuck into my locker making sure that it didn't lock me in.

"Sitwell, are you sure that they suspect nothing?"

Sitwell!?!?

"They have no idea, trust me"

They left the room again; I was officially freaked out. I rushed out into the corridor, checking if the agents had disappeared

Coast. Clear.

I rushed down the hall to the elevator, and down to the garage.

"Hi, I'm guessing that you are Miss Chase" a middle-aged man, next to a sleek black car, stated.

"Happy?"

"At your service, I'm here to drive you to the Avenger tower?"

"I believe so. And please, call me Annabeth"

We drove off toward the newly named Avengers Tower.

----------------

Percy's POV