"Traveling—" She gripped the journal tightly, "And you didn't get her name? Where she might be headed?"

"No, why would I?"

"She could have very well been heading off to Watatsumi Island!" She then quietly muttered to herself, "How did she get past our borders without question...?"

"And?" He raised his brows, unconcerned for her visible worry, "That is my issue because?" Sara turned her head to look him straight in the eye, a noticeable anger bubbling in her gaze and tone.

"Don't you care even a little about the Almighty Shogun's wishes?"

"I think I made that quite clear." Sarcasm dripped from his reply, and the woman scoffed before pushing the journal against his chest.

"You're under suspension from any future expeditions, Moriyama. You are to remain at the Grand Narukami Shrine until I give Guuji Yae the permission to allow you leave."

"What?" He furrowed his brows in astonishment and watched as she began to walk away, "Sara you cannot simply suspend me—"

"I can," She quickly interrupts him, "Much of our army are preparing to take fight against the Watatsumi Army. Unfortunately, I cannot risk having you leave without a proper escort anymore."

"An escort? Do you think me a child?" His eye twitched in annoyance, and his voice raised ever so slightly, "Or are you simply worried I will cause trouble that none of your weak little stationary soldiers could take on?"

"Neither of that is the case!" She responded in a yell, throwing her arm to the side, "I just need you to be kept an eye on until this fight is over. After that, you are free to travel as you wish."

"Why until this fight? Why now?" He spitefully avoids her gaze, "You had the power to suspend me from traveling and yet you decide to do so it now?"

"I have my suspicions about you is all."

"And?!" It came out louder, and more hurt than intended, "Everyone has, and yet I stupidly assumed you were supposed to be the smarter one around here. Whatever you heard before, had it not all turned out to be a lie? And you knew it as well! What kind of blatant accusation has you so worried now?"

It all came out like a long winded version of his belief in her to deduce the truth of these rumors. It was probably the most honest and kindest thing he had ever really said to her—as sad as that sounded. She could not be honest or kind with him with his question however as she turned her back to him.

"Nothing to concern yourself with. I'll call a guard to escort you to The Grand Narukami Shrine."

Mitsuki felt a bit lost at what to do. If he didn't come back, would Kokomi and Gorou assume he had been captured? If he waited out the battle, would they stupidly reveal their alliance on accident?

Even if he somehow managed to return to Watatsumi Island in time, he'd have to help the army fight back, and he'd immediately be labeled as a criminal. He would likely not be able to return, and the manpower against Watatsumi Army would increase more than it has already.

"Sara—" he cut himself off, and luckily she seemed to not have any intent on hearing him out, continuing her brisk walk along Inazuma City's path. Passerby's looked at them, mumbling to each other about what they just heard, and glancing over at him. It wasn't unusual to see the two quarreling, but it had always been confused as something more playful than anything. Now it appeared more serious, as Mitsuki's expression did not contort with that evilly satisfied grin—but rather an annoyedly twisted expression. She had won against him this time.

The soldier came to him quietly just moments later, and only ordered him to follow and started for the Grand Narukami Shrine. Unsurprisingly, Mitsuki did not want to accompany this random Shogunate samurai to the place he loathed the most. He was almost a hundred percent sure that his least favorite kitsune would be there too. But if he didn't, he'd have to deal with Sara again, and he would rather deal with Yae than her.