16

"Mitsuki! Use the artifact on her, quickly!"

"H-How? What do I...?"

"Just-AGH!" A loud, pained cry came from the man before he could muster out the words. Powerful elemental energy blew his way and knocked him off his feet and onto his back with an apparent thud. The sword once in his hand flew to the side, and the unknown gem in his hand briefly flashed a bright purple before losing its light. Mitsuki grabbed the artifact in his small hands through the cold cell bars, and looked it over quickly.

In his panic, a soft hand gently placed itself on his, easing their visible tremor. He froze and looked to his side, the woman smiling despite the weakness in her posture and paleness to her face.

"Mitsu, give me that artifact okay?" His worried eyes looked into hers. Somehow they contained the same amount of reassurance that he had always known since he was born. That he could trust her. He handed the artifact to her, and he watched her rigid movements as she dragged herself closer to the bars and leaned against them, and it was as if her remaining strength got blown out of her. But she managed to raise her head slightly, weakly smile at them and bring the artifact close to her face.

"I love you both, so much."

...

"Hello, Kujou Sara."

Mitsuki smiled innocently at the woman, who in a strange way seemed relieved to see him and his stupid, 'I have the upper hand' grin. She quickly masked it with her blank expression, and looked him up and down.

"Moriyama Mitsuki. For once I'm glad to see you here."

"Well I suppose I should feel honored," he tilted his head slightly and mockingly continued, "But I am not. Now, are we going to do the usual?"

"Yes," she replied quickly, "With all these rumors about—"

"I didn't know you still believed in those," he interrupted and teased, "What little pointless accusations have you heard in my absence now?"

Sara let out a heavy sigh and folded her arms across her chest. "It's too serious to be a simple accusation. Moving on, do you have any evidence of your expedition?"

"Yes," he pulled out a journal and handed it to her, "Though this expedition was less for exploring and more for resource gathering."

Sara narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously and took the journal from his hand, "You left for weeks just to gather some resources?"

"I am running painfully low on mora you see," he reaches into his open kimono and pulls out what appears to be a shimmering blue prism before pocketing it again slowly, "I sold a number of monster...collectibles and have the mora to prove so."

"Do you even have permission to do that?" She questioned, looking up at him briefly whilst skimming through his journal, "Many of these first couple of dates are outdated."

"Because that is my resource gathering journal," he shrugs, ignoring her first question, "And I barely use it."

"This isn't your usual expedition journal then, please hand it over." She closed it quickly and pushed it back towards him. With a roll of his eyes, he took it from her hand and tucked it away before pulling out a second one, a false one and handing it over.

"Where did you sell these resources to?"

"Archons," he sighed, "You are being very nosy this time, are you not?"

"Answer the question." She ordered firmly,

"A traveling merchant," he lied, "I do not know where she was headed to, though she required materials for who knows what and I sold them to her."