06

"Masato, you are hereby to be put under arrest by the order of the Shogunate!"

"Oh," he huffs, "even after all I've done for you guys? Who knew doctors would be treated with so little respect."

"...We know. You're no criminal," one of the many Shogun soldiers spoke up, "so if you know what's best for both you and your son, you'll let us take you in for questioning."

He stares at them briefly, straight faced while raising his hands. It takes a bit of moments for the soldiers to even attempt to near him but when some do, a flash of lightning strikes them. They are quick to determine that he had to have been the one to strike the soldiers down, steel in his hand.

"An electro vision...?" One soldier gasps.

"You've obtained a vision?" Another questions, "Since when?"

"Just recently," he hums, delicately running a finger across his blade, "I've had many more visions in my countless lifetimes, but I've never wielded a vision with the power to bring upon overwhelming storms. It is truly a show of how mighty her power is...and I will use to strike you down."

...

Boarding the boat sourly, he watched as many grateful and admiring soldiers, children, and women waved him goodbye.

"Bye Mitsuki, make sure to come back soon!"

"Thank you for your services!"

"Byeee!"

"We'll miss you!"

"...Goodbye." He murmurs with a small, shy wave of his hand.

His eyes subconsciously grazed over the children longer than he meant to, and he noticed Hana was nowhere to be seen. Well, it was only natural...he had voiced his hatred for children right in front of her face without meaning to. It didn't bother him, not one bit.

"Ready to go?" The sailor questioned with a much too excited smile. Mitsuki merely nodded after moment's hesitation and took a seat across from him.

He could already tell this boat ride would be much too long for him...He could feel himself doubling over, but he restricted himself for now. The boat sent for him was small, which offended him greatly if he was being honest. Anyways he wasn't able to hide from anyone here, so he'd have to hold out until they got back to land.

It didn't take very long to return to Watatsumi Island, but it really felt like hours riding on this tiny rocky boat. The pretty purple and blue colors made him feel oddly warm inside, like he returned to a place that made him feel...

"Mitsuki!"

Gorou came running up towards the man, taking his hand without question and staring up into his face. This appalled Mitsuki, who stared back through his lenses with wide eyes.

"Are you okay??"

"I—yes." He quickly replies and then suddenly smirks, "I did not think you had missed me so much you would choose to attack me as soon as I got off the boat."

"T-That's not why—" his ears and gaze dropped a bit as he shook his head and looked back up at him, "Her Excellency had told me that the Shogunate has discovered your presence here!"

"...Okay? I already told you I was fine with making an enemy out of them."

"Yes but—"

He quickly quiets down to think before saying something he might regret. Kokomi had briefly explained to him the situation this morning. How The Shogunate could never truly punish Mitsuki because he was protected by that dastardly Yae Miko. They hated him, and he hated them too, and now with him being openly apart of the resistance, the shrine couldn't protect him from doing something so big as joining the Resistance. So now they had the ability to arrest him, or even worse if Mitsuki would rebel how he thought he would.