Chapter 1

Levi was raised on the outskirts of a big town. His home was off the grip had its own running water with a filtration system. Levi's home was a large farm house with 4 beds and 3 baths. It had been passed down in his family. With his parents dead he was raised by his grandparents in the home. But Levi was born inter sex, meaning that for him while being born genetically a male, he had a uterus. Though he had been told at a young age it was likely his uterus was infernal. Which Levi didn't care about. At the age of 18 Levi was married to his long term best friend and boyfriend Yuu, and on their wedding night that had sex, like most couples. But this would rock Levi and Yuu's world. Levi found out 3 weeks after their wedding. Levi and Yuu while shocked were so happy to start their lives. But 2 weeks after Levi found out he was pregnant, his world went to shit.

There was a virus outbreak that caused people's brains to rot leading them to kill, eat, and infect others. But Levi and Yuu weren't worried about it, they had their own water and had animals on the farm for food. They got lucky. Or so they thought. 2 weeks into the outbreak and Yuu left the home to look for baby supplies but he never returned. Levi was left in his home alone and pregnant, having to keep himself, the farm, and he animals going. And he did well with it though grieving the loss of his husband.

He did well for 8 months, but now almost 9 months pregnant and his due date approaching fast it scared him. Levi was outside trying to pump water from the wall, something that was hard for him to do being so round, he heard voices. Many voices. The only thought in Levi head was 'I made it to far for me and my baby to killed now'. So with that thought in his head he ran, well waddled, to the barn and hid in one of the back stalls in an attempt to hide. Levi could hear the men talking outside but he stayed in his stall where he thought he was safe. But he didn't know the hell he was about to face.

(Here is where we start the book! Yay 😀😁)

Levi had been sitting in his barn for almost an hour, listening and praying that they would leave. He wasn't religious or anything but right now he would pray to any god that would listen to him. He was terrified for himself and his unborn child. Levi tries to curl up as much as he could to be as small as he could be. Levi felt a sharp pain shoot through his stomach and up his back making him groan in pain, while he was used to the baby kicking from time to time this was different. It felt like being suck with a hot poker, but he tries not to panic. He figures the more panicked he became the worse the pain would become.

But huddled in the corner of his stall he felt a deep pressure on his stomach as water ran down his leg and ass. Now Levi panicked. While he had spent months panning for this he wasn't ready now. There were God knows how many people on his property and he had no clue where they were. He tries to adjust but it only seemed to bring him pain a soft grown leaving him. It was getting late so he hoped he loud sound of the cicada's making sounds in the hot summer evening could drown out his groans of pain but he was wrong.

Dominic was the man who had come onto Levi's property. He was in the military and him and the 3 other people in his group had been sent to look for survivors. They were told to start in the country side because it was more likely that people were alive. Guns dawn they searched the home first cautiously. But the kitchen was packed with what seemed to be preserved fruits, vegetables, and meat. The living room looked almost in touched. Though he made mental note of the Windows being boarded up securely, they could stay here for the night safely. The bathroom down the hall and on the left was empty and the window boarded up. Just next to it was a storage room, filled with old clothes, sheets and blankets.

Dominic moved slowly down the hall, the boards creaking under his weight as he pushed the only door on the right at the end of the hall. A bed room. One that looked used, and unmade bed, and a crib placed close to the left of the bed. Dominic stayed ready to fire but there was nothing. In the room. Books lined of shelves, most love stories but as he moved to the bedside table on the left he saw books on baby names, how to be a good first time parent and on the top a book on how to give birth on your own. That made fear shoot through Dominic. He checked the bathroom all that was in it was a tub, cabinet with a sink, and a toilet. A box of unused pads sat on the side of the toilet. Dominic thought a women close to giving birth had or did live here.

Dominic rushed down the hall finding 2 of the men he had come with makin their way down. He watched them as the older man spoke

"The upstairs looks untouched. It seems no one has lived here in a long time" he whispered in deep voice. But Dominic shook his head speaking

"No, I think a pregnant women lives here. There are pregnancy books and a crib next the bed, and pads in the bathroom." He paused "we should check the rest of the property. She probably heard us coming and hid. I'll take the barn. Split up and find her." He said a deep raspy voice. Commanding.

The men Dominic had come with nodded and they left the house together before splitting up. Dominic headed slowly to the barn drawling his gun again and pushed he door open. Levi heard him come in and yelped silent tears running down his face. But Dominic called out

"Are you bitter? I'm with the U.S army. We can help you but I need you to come out and show me you aren't bitten" Dominic spoke in a hushed tone but his voice softened "are you pregnant? I saw the books in your room we have the medical supplies you need to deliver safely back at the base. Promise I won't hurt you" he said trying to coax who he thought was a women to come out. But the voice he heard next shocked him

"It's to late to get medically assistance, my water is broken. Please just leave, take what you want and leave." Levis voice called back broken and cracked from pain.

Dominic seemed shocked to hear a man's voice but he moved closer and looked into the stall his jaw dropping. He saw Levi sitting in a small puddle of blood and a amboitic fluid. Dominic lowered his weapon and asked again "are you bitten?" To which Levi shook his head tears streaming down his face. Dominic could see how much pain Levi was in and it worried him.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

That is the end of chapter one. I know I jumped between them but I needed to set the scene. Let me know what you think

This story is unedited as of right now but I would love to hear your thoughts. Please vote and comment. Have a great day!!