Cop Car

request by Kytpt33145

**Based off the song "Cop Car" by Keith Urban**

ok. so I don't know this song well at all, I've listened to it once and honestly? not my favorite. however! It's a request and I do like the potential of the storyline so... yeah. enjoy

TW/CW: cops, kissing

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Should we be this far out?" Peter asked, a twinge of worry in his voice. Harley kept driving, straight past a "No Trespassing" sign.

"Relax, darlin'. I won't let nothin' bad happen to you," Harley insisted. He parked his pickup truck in the grass, inviting Peter to join him in the back.

"What are you doing?" Peter wondered, jumping down to the ground and following Harley around to the trunk. The southern boy grinned, sitting on the edge of the truck bed and patting the space next to him.

"C'mere, sweetheart. We're watchin' the planes tonight." Peter quirked an eyebrow, but climbed into the truck bed next to Harley. The sun was beginning to set, with airplanes soaring by them constantly. It was a strange sort of beautiful, unexpected in many ways. Peter smiled, allowing himself to relax and lean his head against Harley's shoulder.

"This is nice," he sighed.

"Thought you'd like it. Planes aren't usually super romantic, but I figured this was diff'rent," Harley shrugged lightly, kissing the top of Peter's head. This was their third date together, but they still hadn't made their relationship official. Peter wasn't entirely sure about Harley, and the blond could tell. He enjoyed risk a bit more than the brunette, and he was trying to show Peter that it would all be fine.

And he was doing a good job at it, too. At least until things went wrong.

"Do you hear that?" Peter questioned, sitting up straight. In the distance, sirens wailed, slowly increasing in volume. Harley frowned, peeking over the body of his truck. He saw red and blue lights flashing rapidly, approaching where he and Peter were parked.

"Man..." Harley groaned. "Ain't that some sh-" He stopped himself, not wanting to cuss in front of his innocent date. Peter looked up at him, worry and confusion in his features.

"Harley?" He called gently. "What's wrong?"

"Your daddy's gonna kill me," Harley murmured, shaking his head. Peter tilted his head, frowning.

"What?" Harley shoved his thumb backward, where red and blue lights began to light up the ground.

"Cops."

"Cops?" Peter repeated, looking more nervous. "Are we going to be arrested?" His voice shrunk, fear shining in his doe eyes. God, Harley would melt for this boy.

"Don't worry about it, darlin'. I said nothin' bad would happen to you, and I'm a man of my word." The cop car finally pulled up, parking behind them. An officer approached the pair in the back of the pickup truck, a stern look on his face.

"Are you two aware that this is a restricted area?" He questioned, glaring at Harley and Peter. He squinted, eyes narrowing. "Hey... wait a minute..." He walked up closer to Harley, scowling. "You... you're that scumbag who keeps pulling this kinda shit!" Harley shrugged, smirking.

"Mm, maybe. Whatsit to ya?" He replied cockily. The cop huffed, shaking his head angrily.

"You're coming with me." He swiftly handcuffed Harley, dragging him toward the cop car. Peter quickly jumped down, talking quickly as he followed.

"You have the wrong guy! Harley's a good person, he's not a criminal!" The brunette insisted. The cop growled lowly, pushing Harley into the back of the cop car.

"You." He pointed at Peter. "Get in the back. You're part of this too." Peter stiffened, eyes darting around nervously. The cop took a step toward him, raising an eyebrow as intimidation. Peter quickly got in the car as well, sitting behind the driver's seat. Harley was cuffed, staring at the brunette. He was mesmerized by Peter; the way the blue lights shone in his eyes was one of the most amazing sights Harley had ever seen.

They began driving toward the police station, Peter nervously tapping his foot. His eyes darted around in every direction, quietly whispering to Harley.

"Should we try to make a run for it?" He suggested, gnawing at his lip. Harley's eyes widened. He had never seen this side of Peter... but he liked it.

"You're crazy as hell," the blond mumbled, grinning. "But no. They've got no proof." Peter took a deep breath, nodding.

"Alright. Out." The cop opened the door, grabbing Harley by the arm and leading him into the police station. Peter followed behind nervously, glancing around. He and Harley were placed into a holding cell while the cop went off to figure out what to do about the pair. Harley was calm, he really didn't mind it. It gave him more alone time with Peter, and he would never turn that down. Plus he wasn't handcuffed anymore.

"Harley..." Peter shook his head, pacing back and forth. "What are we gonna do?" Harley stood up, gently grabbing Peter's upper arms. The brunette stopped in his tracks, staring up at Harley with wide eyes.

"You need to relax, darlin'," the blond insisted. "We're all good. Nothin' bad, remember?" Peter frowned, scoffing.

"'Nothing bad'? Harley, we're in a jail cell!"

"Yeah, but you gotta admit... this has been fun," he pointed out. Peter stopped, blinking.

"Huh..." He tilted his head, looking back up at Harley. "I guess you're right."

"'Course I'm right," Harley chuckled. Peter sighed, shaking his head.

"Idiot," he mumbled, reaching up to cup Harley's cheek. "Can I kiss you?" He asked, tone low and hushed. Harley raised his eyebrows, surprised by Peter's sudden boldness. Instead of answering, Harley just smirked, leaning in to kiss the brunette.

Harley's hands were on Peter's midsection, just above his hips. Peter had one hand cradling Harley's chin, and his other arm was draped over the blond's neck. They held the kiss until Peter broke away, gasping. Harley caught his breath as well, grinning. Just then, the same cop from before came back, looking pissed off. Peter awkwardly stepped away from Harley, staring at the ground.

"You two are... free to go," the cop sighed, unlocking the cell. "We're letting you off with a warning. No more trespassing. Your truck has been towed, you can retrieve it after filling out some paperwork." Harley puffed out his chest slightly, smirking. Peter frowned, lightly kicking the southern boy before he said anything to make it worse. Harley sighed, obediently shutting his mouth. The cop rolled his eyes, walking away.

"We are so lucky," Peter mumbled, letting out a breath of relief.

"Told'ya everything would be fine," Harley smirked. Peter shook his head, sighing.

"Let's just get out of here." He started to walk toward the cell door, but Harley stopped him.

"Wait." Peter turned around, looking at the blond expectantly. "Peter, darlin'..." Harley hesitated, almost nervous. "Would you like to be my boyfriend? Officially?" Peter grinned, nodding.

"Yes!" He got on his tippy toes, pressing a quick kiss to Harley's cheek. "I would like that!" Harley wrapped an arm around the brunette before he could get away, cradling Peter's chin before pulling him into another kiss. Peter's hands laid flat against Harley's chest, fingers curling to grab fistfuls of fabric. They were so physically close, and it was amazing... even if it was in a jail cell.

well there we go, I wrote this while listening to one song on repeat (Bikes & Bonfires by Local News Legend) and I'm still not tired of it

I'm doing my best to work through requests! I've gotten pretty far but there are so many more to finish up before I can accept requests again :/