Deserve pt 2

But anyway... I'm not gonna waste ur time just read the thing I wrote

Random fact: I spend a lot of time on the internet bc it's the only place where most people respect my name and pronouns 🙃

TW: same as pt 1

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Harley woke up to see Peter, awake and staring blankly at him. The blond sat up quickly, trying to figure out the best way to approach this.

"Hey, darlin', how ya feeling?" Peter kept staring, shrugging a little in response. "Yeah, figures... but I think maybe we should talk." The smaller boy grimaced, turning away. He spoke so quietly, Harley almost missed the words that escaped Peter's lips.

"Don't be mad at me..."

"No, no, baby, I'm not mad at you, ok?" Harley did his best to reassure the brunette. "I- I just really hate seeing you like this. I want to help, ok?" He grabbed Peter's fingers gently, sort of holding his bandaged hand. "I love you." Peter glanced up with wide, innocent puppy dog eyes, a hint of guilt behind those baby browns.

"I love you too," he whispered, returning his gaze to his lap. "I'm sorry..."

"No, darlin', it's ok, it's ok. I just want to help you, I want you to feel good." Peter nodded, brows furrowing.

"Now...?"

"Well, I'd like for you to try, if that's ok," Harley sighed, eyes searching Peter's expression. The brunette looked completely numb, hands migrating down to his pants. "What- what're you doing?"

"I thought you said you wanted to do it... you wanted to make me feel good," he whispered. Harley's face fell, seeing how bad he had let this get. He placed his hand over his boyfriend's bandaged hands, stopping him.

"That's not what I meant..." Harley slowly and gently moved Peter's hands away from his pants. "I want you to feel good mentally. I want you to be happy and satisfied with life, I want the world for you." The blond glanced down sadly. "You don't have to pretend to want to have sex all the time, darlin', you know that, right?" Peter's expression darkened.

"Yes I do," he stated sharply. Harley tilted his head, frowning. "You settled for me. I have to earn it." The southern boy looked shocked, mouth slightly ajar.

"What makes you think that?"

"He said so." Peter closed his eyes, a few tears spilling down his cheeks. "He could give you more. He is more."

"Who?" Harley had fire in his eyes, which went unnoticed by the smaller boy as he shook his head, eyes squeezed shut. "Do I know this person?" Peter nodded. "Is it... someone from school?" Peter nodded again. Suddenly, it clicked with Harley.

"Heyyy, Harley, baby, why don't you drop the loser and come on a date with me instead?" Flash leaned in closer to the blond, smirking. "You'd get a lot more action with me... if ya know what I mean."

"Flash." Of course. Who else? He'd been tormenting Peter for years, and Harley was naive to think that Flash would just leave the poor boy alone. Peter nodded, breath hitching as it caught on a sob. Harley stood up, eyes dark with rage. He didn't know the whole story, but he didn't need to. Flash had hurt his boyfriend, he turned sweet, innocent Peter into... whatever he was now.

And Harley wanted his revenge.

"Harls...?" Peter mumbled, wiping at his eyes. "You can't kill him..."

"No, but I can hurt him," Harley growled. Peter shook his head quickly, eyes widening.

"Please don't..." Harley softened, letting out a slow breath.

"If that's what you want... I'll be right back, ok? Don't go anywhere." Even if he couldn't hurt Flash, that didn't mean he couldn't sic the Avengers on him...

Harley returned to the med bay a few minutes later, offering a small smile. Peter put his head down, avoiding eye contact.

"Hey." The blond lightly touched Peter's chin, tilting his head up gently. "What's wrong? You know you can tell me anything..." The smaller boy shrugged, eyes glancing to the side. "Please, darlin'? I can't help if I don't know what's bothering you."

"Why are you doing this?" He whispered, gaze focused straight ahead. Harley was taken aback.

"What?" Peter looked back to him, eyes full of tears.

"Why are you forcing yourself to deal with me?" The southern boy frowned, eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm not forcing myself to do anything, darlin'," Harley insisted. "I care about you. I love you. I want you to be happy." Peter shook his head.

"Why? Why me? You could be with- with him right now, probably having a great time..." he paused for a moment, letting out a shaky breath. "It would be easier. It would be... best for you." Peter forced himself to spit out the word, grimacing at its sound.

"Peter. I don't want Flash. He's not better looking, he's not nice, he's not you. You mean the world to me- hell, you are my world." Harley held Peter's face, brushing a thumb over the brunette's cheek comfortingly. "Darlin'... I don't know if I ever told you this, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. That's how in love with you I am. I could never find anyone as beautiful and perfect as you."

"I'm not perfect," Peter mumbled, lifting up his hands to show the white bandages that wrapped from near his elbow all the way up to his palms, where they crossed in an "x" shape. Harley gently pushed his hands back down.

"You're still perfect to me. Nothing could ever change the way I feel about you, ok? I don't want anything else, just you," Harley smiled fondly. "But... I want you to be happy, or- or to at least try. I hate seeing you upset." Peter looked down at his lap for a moment before nodding.

"Ok." His voice was barely audible. He looked back up, changing the topic. "Do you think I can leave the med bay yet?" Harley sighed, chuckling lightly.

"Let me check." He left to get Bruce, who had stayed behind from the mission to track Flash down. They both went to Peter, who was fiddling with his bandages.

"Hey, Peter, how are you feeling?" Bruce questioned. Peter shrugged, avoiding eye contact.

"Fine." Bruce went to check Peter's vitals, emotion unreadable. Harley frowned, squinting.

"How is he?"

"Well, obviously he's not completely healed. But his vitals are stable, so as long as he's careful and has someone watching over him for a few days, I don't see the problem with him leaving." Bruce turned to Peter. "And don't pick at those bandages." The brunette put his hands down, flushing a light shade of red.

"Sorry... I'll be careful."

"And I can watch him," Harley offered. Bruce nodded.

"Then that's fine. Just, er, no strenuous activity for a few days, just to be safe." Peter flushed darker, and Harley smirked, both of them knowing exactly what Bruce meant. The professor unhooked Peter from all the machines monitoring him, setting the boy free.

... Well, sort of. He didn't even get the chance to stand up before Harley had scooped him up, carrying him down the hall to where their rooms were. He almost walked into Peter's room, before making a split second decision to go to his room instead.

"What was that about?" Peter wondered.

"I don't think anyone's cleaned up yet..." Harley grimaced. The brunette put his head down.

"Oh."

Harley sat him down on the bed, climbing onto the bed himself and getting under the covers. Peter smiled softly, getting under the covers next to his boyfriend and snuggling into his chest with a content sigh. Harley held him close, being cautious around Peter's wrists.

"I love you so much, darlin'," he murmured.

"I love you too, Harls."

CEO of cliche endings

Requests?