Project

Request by lovlymadain 

Its short but idk anymore

Had my permit test today and I passed so... guess imma start learning to drive then (mario kart skills bouta pay off (I'm a danger to everyone around me))

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Hey, Dad?" Tony looked up, seeing his teenage son standing in the doorway, looking kinda awkward.

"What's up?" Harley fidgeted with his hands for a moment, glancing at the floor.

"So you know that new intern..."

"Which one?" Tony asked. He knew exactly which intern Harley was talking about, but he wanted to hear it from his son.

"Um... y'know... Peter..." Tony couldn't help but smile.

"What about him, kiddo?"

"Could I borrow him? For a, um, for a project." Tony raised an eyebrow, clearly amused.

"Why don't you go ask him yourself? He should be with all the other interns," he encouraged, shooing Harley out. "Go! I'm sure he'd love to 'work on a project' with you!" The blond blushed a bit, putting his head in his hands.

"Oh my god, Dad..."

"Just go!" Harley nodded, walking out, only for Tony to call after him a moment later. "Don't forget to use protection!" Harley grimaced, his walk turning to more of a jog. That was unbelievably awkward... how did he even know? I never even mentioned Peter before... he thought.

Harley shook his head, slowing down as he approached the intern's training room. Peter was just beyond that door... all he had to do was walk in and ask. Simple.

He opened the door, looking around. His presence had brought a hushed silence over the room, considering he was the boss's son and their superior. Harley cleared his throat awkwardly, gaze settling on Peter.

"Hey, Peter, will you come with me please?" The brunette raised his eyebrows in surprise, nodding quickly. They both walked out, heading towards the elevator.

"So..." Peter mumbled awkwardly, looking at the ground.

"Um, right... I wanted to know if you'd be interested in working on a project with me? I don't know how long it'll take, but-"

"Yes! I'd love to, that sounds fun," Peter smiled. Harley nodded, relieved that the smaller boy had accepted.

"Cool, cool... just come with me." He led Peter to a small room, a lab that often went unused due to its size and location away from the rest of the labs.

"So... what's this project, then?"

~

It had been three weeks since Harley and Peter started working on their project together, and it was nearly complete. Although, the project was hardly even on either of their minds. No, both boys were a bit preoccupied with their growing feelings for each other.

"Hey, Peter?" Harley put his screwdriver down, looking across the desk at the brunette.

"Yeah?"

"Are you busy tonight? I was thinking maybe we could go see a movie, or get dinner or something," the southern boy suggested, eyes wandering and focusing on a spot on the wall just to the left of Peter.

"Oh! Um..." The smaller boy blushed, biting his lip nervously. "Yeah, that sounds fun. I'm not busy..." Harley smiled, relieved.

"Cool... so... I'll pick you up? Is seven ok?"

"Yeah, that sounds great. I'll text you my address," Peter offered, smiling shyly. The blond nodded quickly, agreeing.

"Perfect. I'll... I'll see you tonight, then."

"You will."

Ok. So I knew this point would come eventually but... I think it's time I stop asking for requests. I have literally 200+ I haven't written yet, plus multiple books I'm trying to finish as well. I will still take requests, but please don't request a bunch of things because I honestly just can't deal with the sheer amount of documents I have rn and I just need to clear them out before I continue to accept new requests.

So, to summarize, unless you have your heart set on a request, please don't make any more. Love y'all for all the support, and see you soon.