Chapter 47: Jungseo

Start from the beginning

"because we need your advice", Doyoung answered, "but ill cook you and Lucas breakfast as a thank you, so go wash up while I cook" He continued as he made his way to the kitchen

Jungwoo couldn't refuse to free food so he went to wake up Junseo and changed into some nice clothes. He then woke up Junseo and told him what was going on. After Jungwoo and Junseo were all changed and ready for the day, both couples sat in front of each other at the dining table.

"Why are you here?" Junseo questioned, weirded out by having Taeil and Doyoung in their apartment. Don't get him wrong, he was happy about the food and the visit, but it was so random and weird to have them there.

"We were gonna ask you if you were gonna adopt the twins"

"oh", Jungwoo said and looked at Junseo. He and Junseo hadn't actually talked about adopting the twins but it's not like he hadn't thought about the possibility of adopting the twins.

"Jungwoo, do you want to adopt them?" Junseo asked his boyfriend. Junseo was sure that he wanted to have twins in his life. He couldn't think or fathom a day without the twins not bothering him every morning or making fun of him because he was clumsy. Not to mention that they always lightened his day with their jokes and bickering, but he also didn't want to force Jungwoo into adopting them.

Now that he thinks about it, where are the twins? He hasn't heard a single thing since he woke. It seemed like Doyoung read his mind because he showed them a note that was left behind by Jieun and Jinwoo.

Hours later, Junseo and Jungwoo found themselves exiting an orphanage with a smile, signed papers in their hands, and an orphanage lady thanked them for taking away the troublemakers. On the bright side, Jieun and Jinwoo were now officially and legally their kids.

The practice was over but Miyoung and Jieun stayed behind to practice their duet. Jinwoo also stayed seeing as how he didn't want to leave them alone in case a creepy man appeared. The two girls stood in the middle of the practice room with the lyrics in hand, while Jinwoo sat in a corner playing with his phone. Miyoung and Jieun looked through the lyrics and divided them between themselves.

"For the leading up to the high-note, I think we should alternate lines, and what I mean by that is that you sing 'Try to lock me in this cage' and I'll continue the next line then you than me, you get it?", Jieun said as she heard the bridge of the song.

Miyoung nodded. "yeah and we sing the high-note together for a bigger impact" She stated to which Jieun nodded in response.

"yeah yeah, and I'll end the high note first and continue to the next line while you hold out the note since you have better stability, does that make sense?" Jieun asked.

"yeah, should we try the whole song now?" Miyoung asked and Jieun hummed in response. Miyoung started the song and they sang it the best they could, occasionally confusing lyrics. Once they started getting closer to the highlight of the song, they felt themselves get nervous since they didn't want to crack a note.

Try to lock me in this cage ~Miyoung

I won't just lay me down and die~ Jieun

I will take these broken wings~Miyoung

And watch me burn across the sky~Jieun

Hear the echoes saying I~ both (Miyoung held out the I since it was the high note)

Won't be silenced ~ Jieun

Though you want to see me tremble when you try it~ Jieun

All I know is I won't go speechless ~Jieun