• 04 •

Mark had never seen someone as enchanting as that boy.

He didn't believe in love at first sight, but at the same time he struggled to remember if his heart had ever skipped a beat for anyone else before. As everyone focused on writing what he asked them, Mark found himself feeling drawn to that one student. He was eager to know his name and to read whatever he had written.

Haechan was struggling with the task because he wasn't sure about what exactly he should say about himself. Maybe he could mention his dancing ability or his love for artists like Michael Jackson. Sighing, he decided to just go for it and get it done.

Mark wondered. He wondered if his wavy locks of hair were as silky as they looked, or if his glowing and slightly tanner skin was as soft to the touch as it seemed. But mostly, Mark wondered if those plump and pink lips of his tasted as sweet as he imagined they would.

He wanted to know how it would be like to be looked at with those doe eyes, he wanted to experience first-hand how it would feel like to be loved by him, he wanted to

"Here." Karina spoke, snapping Mark out of his daydreaming. She had been the first student to complete the task. "Oh," he cleared his throat, "thank you." After taking her paper, Mark stood up from his chair momentarily to speak. "Those of you who finish before time are free to go home. I'll see you next class."

The next person to finish was Winter, who quickly gathered her things and approached Karina. Both of them said goodbye and left the classroom to reunite with their younger friends. Haechan peeked at them, wanting nothing else but to also leave.

"Hyuck, you okay?" Renjun asked him, his eyes narrowed in worry. He sighed. "Yeah, it's just that I want to go home already." The older chuckled, "me too." Haechan looked behind them to see that Jeno and Jaemin were emptying their seats. "Looks like the lovebirds have also finished."

Renjun nodded, "I'm done too, finally." Satisfied, he started to collect his things before getting up and offering his friend a smile. "See you in a second." Haechan grinned. "Sure."

It took him a few more minutes to finish, but the very same second Haechan stood up to hand his paper over, Mark looked back down and pretended not to notice. 

Once Haechan was in front of the teacher's desk, he waited for him to look up at him. "Finished?" Mr. Lee asked, making an extra effort to sound friendly. It took Haechan by surprise, who answered with a curt "yes," while handing him the paper.

When Mr. Lee went to take the piece of paper, he purposely extended his arm a bit more than necessary, just enough to make the tip of his fingertips brush against Haechan's. Mark felt a big sensation of triumph while Haechan quickly pulled back his arm.

Haechan stood frozen for a couple of seconds, telling himself that it must have been an accident. Yeah, but that doesn't make this situation any less awkward, he told himself, mentally face-palming. Offering a quick smile, he was just about to turn around and leave when Mark's voice stopped him.

"So your name is Donghyuck?" Mr. Lee asked after eyeing quickly Haechan's paragraph. The younger nodded. "Yeah... but everyone just calls me Hyuck or Haechan." Suddenly feeling embarrassed, he tried to avoid eye contact, which his teacher found endearing.

"Alright then, Haechan." Mark spoke slowly, letting the name roll swiftly through his tongue, tasting it. "I guess I'll see you around, then." The teacher offered him a smile, to which Haechan nodded awkwardly before turning around.

Haechan went back to his seat to retrieve his stuff, wondering why his heart started beating faster. Once he took everything, eager to reunite with Renjun, Jeno and Jaemin, who were waiting for him out of class, he headed to the door.

Blissfully unaware of the pair of hooded eyes that still lingered on him.