𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. demon hunter coming through

Hope and Jade walked through the hallway of Mystic falls high, stopping once they heard an announcement

Hope and Jade walked through the hallway of Mystic falls high, stopping once they heard an announcement. "Jade Wolf and Hope Marshall to the principal's office." The two girls shared a glance before Hope sighed, "Let's go."

They entered the office, Hope closing the door behind her. Jade scoffed before she asked, "P. A. system? It's a little dramatic, don't you think?"

"Not as dramatic as the message Landon left me, saying he had something urgent to discuss. Anything you want to share?" Alaric asked them. "Only that I'm pretty sure the monsters are after him this time." Hope said as Alaric frowned, "And you didn't think that that's something I should know?!" He growled at the Marshall.

"Hope, Jade. You both need to go back to the Salvatore School. Not for your sake— For theirs. Maybe Landon isn't that important to you guys. But if Malivore wants him, we need to want him more." The headmaster insisted as the girls share a worried glance. "Look, I will take care of it, but from a distance." He added, but they don't look anymore relaxed.

Alaric eyed the duo, curiously. "Okay, what am I missing here, Hope? Jade? Hmm? You told me the truth, and everything worked out fine." He said. "Not the whole truth." Hope awkwardly admitted, wishing they weren't about to have this conversation. "Hmm?"

"It's not Landon I'm bothered about." Hope began. "Mazikeen and I... we were together. Not for long but... ever since we became friends again and roommates... I fell for her, hard." She explained before scratching the back of her head. "I... had this feeling that maybe Mazikeen and I would have... an epic love. If that even exists." The Mikealson sighed heavily, as her eyes filled with tears.

Alaric absorbed this information, before he wondered if perhaps, Hope was Maze's anchor. "I can assure you it does." He nodded, finally responding to her unsureness about epic love.

"Now she's going through something difficult that I'm not fully sure about, and I can't be there for her as I'd like to because now we're nothing to each other." The Mikealson admitted, as a tear rolled down her cheek. "And I'm just afraid that if I tell her, she's gonna hate me forever... or I'm gonna hate myself because I made us all miserable. So I can't tell her or any of them. Not yet." Hope sighed.

Jade's face fell, as she stepped forward and placed her hand on Hope's shoulder. The Mikealson gave a teary glance before she stepped forward and embraced Jade, needing the comfort. Alaric looked sadly at the girls, wishing he could do more to help them.

❤︎︎

"Sorry, demon hunter coming through." Ari called out, as herself, Josie and a samurai walked through the crowded hallway of the Salvatore school.