𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. i hate everyone else in the world, but you

Once they're inside the cellar, Hope looked at Landon furiously and cornered him

Once they're inside the cellar, Hope looked at Landon furiously and cornered him. "Where the hell is it?!" She asked angrily, as Rafael frowned at Landon, not willing to defend him now as he'd lied to him. Landon quickly pulled the knife out of his inner jacket pocket and handed it to her. "I'm sorry! I panicked!" The boy confessed. "What the hell, Lan?" Rafael asked, appalled that Landon lied to them.

Just then, Alaric noticed the doors are still on fire and redirected their attention to the more immediate problem. "Hope, the doors"

"I got it— Adiuuatur." Maze decided, the spell extinguishing the flames, as the woman seemingly stopped breathing fire at them. "It won't last long." She alerted them, as Hope had a look of offence on her face that Maze had stolen her moment of spotlight.

"All right. Great. I need a cell phone." Alaric said as Landon gestured toward a large barrel nearby, which was full of cellphones, wallets, and jewellery. "What the fuck." Maze blurted, eyeing the treasure curiously. "Take your pick." Alaric replied. Rafael reached out and picked up an ID card for the driver of the bus and quickly figured it out, "It's from the people on the bus." He said.

The trio turn around and look at Landon suspiciously. "I didn't bring it here—" Landon blurted as Hope cut him off, giving Maze and Rafael a frustrated look. "If he says I swear one more time, I'm gonna melt him." She hissed, causing Maze to laugh with amusement. Landon, on the verge of a panic attack, tried to catch his breath.

❤︎

Alaric, used one of the cell phones stolen by the mysterious woman, to call Dorian for an update. He put it on speaker. "Please tell me you have something." Alaric said. Dorian, frowned at how much the call is breaking up, as he can't hear Alaric very well. "Connection sucks. Where are you?"

Hope rolled her eyes before calling out to Dorian, "Root cellar full of contraband that our pickpocket Landon Kirby claims he didn't steal." Rafael just looked at Hope exasperatedly, whilst Maze looked at her with an amused smirk. "There's a fire-breather outside. Can you prioritize your rage?" Rafael asked, annoyedly.

"Dragon." Dorian suddenly said. "What?" Alaric asked. "Dragon. She steals treasure, breathes fire, hides the loot in her lair... She's... she's not a pyromancer, she's a—" Dorian is cut off as Alaric scoffed and rolled his eyes as though he thought this was ludacris. "Dragons don't exist, or look like normal people." He insisted as Maze frowned at her father. "I'm sure you guys once said that about vampires." She huffed, as Alaric realised his daughter had a point.

"Okay, fine. She's a human dragon. Now what?" Alaric asked impatiently. "In anything I've ever read— The way to take down a dragon? You need a buttload of courage and a sword." Dorian said as Hope held up the blade she just got back from Landon. "How about a knife?" She asked.