𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞. i'll tell you a story

As Maze, Hope, Molly, Jesse and Alaric stood around the answering machine, Landon's voice was booming through it

As Maze, Hope, Molly, Jesse and Alaric stood around the answering machine, Landon's voice was booming through it. "Hey, Ric. Sorry to take off like that, but I just needed a little time. So I'm going camping for a while."

Mazikeen and Hope share confused glances, as they continued to listen. "Hopefully I can catch up on classwork later. Tell Raf and Jed hi for me."

Molly signed the conversation to Jesse, who looked confused. "Jed? Why would he say hi to Jed?" Jesse signed back, as Jed and Landon didn't get along at all... Anybody knew that. "You should go after him. Something doesn't make sense." Hope suggested as Mazikeen nodded, agreeing.

"Maze... Hope..."

"No— Hope's right. Triad already tried to come for him once. It's not safe for him out there." Molly declared, as Alaric frowned at his best friend. "Mum has a point, Dr Saltzman we should do something about this." Jesse signed, before crossing his arms.

"You guys just heard it from Landon yourselves, he's okay." Alaric assured them as they all frowned at him.

Molly sighed, clicking a button on the answering machine to replay the voice message, so she could listen to it again.

"Hey, Ric, sorry to take off like that, but I just needed a little time, so I'm going camping for a while." Landon's voice could be heard again.

"I can hear..." Molly trailed off, using her super hearing. Everyone stayed quiet so she could concentrate.

"Hopefully, I can catch up on classwork later."

The vampire declared, "...shoes on a tile floor. An air conditioner running."

"Tell Raf and Jed hi for me."

"Keycards being swiped. Mm, Triad. I mean, it has to be them. They've already tried to come for the poor boy once." The woman insisted.

Mazikeen stretched out her arms before she said, "It's time to kick some Triad ass and get my best friend back."

❤︎

Hope, Maze, Jade and Rafael were outside, noticing that the boy was irritable. "Hey Raf, you okay?" Jade asked as Rafael turned to the member of his pack, "Um... my mind still won't settle down. Look, I'm sorry, but I can't join the fight." He admitted as Jade's expression softened. "Don't worry, we're not going alone." She said. "The Avengers are assembling." Maze announced proudly.

With that being said, Kaleb, Lizzie, Ari, Josie, Jesse and Jed walk over, all looking ready to go and help find Landon.

Josie and Lizzie look at eachother, before snapping, "She's coming?!" As they had been at eachother's throats for the past couple of days. Josie then looked to Mazikeen, who she'd also been angry with. "I am not doing this." She decided.