𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱. inescapable despair

Jade and Hope had witnessed Ari and Josie kissing, and the image really hadn't left the Hale's mind

"Why didn't I realise my feelings for Ari sooner..." Jade sighed, as Hope placed her hand on the werewolf's shoulder.

"It seemed like... she loved you too early, and you loved her too late..." Hope trailed off, before her mind trailed off to Mazikeen. She also wished they'd spent more time together as a couple, but at the same time it wouldn't hurt so much if Maze moved on while forgetting Hope.

Oh what was she kidding, Hope would be devastated if Mazikeen had moved on. Of course, they hadn't been together for long, but their feelings were strong.

Mazikeen was the first thing Hope thought about when she woke up in the morning, and the last thing she would think about when she drifted off to sleep. When she looked at her future, she wanted Maze in it.

The Mikealson lead Jade into Alaric's office at Mystic Falls high.

Alaric looked at Hope, "You are a blank slate, Miss Hope... Marshall. Parents Tom and Kathleen. No transcripts from your last school..." He trailed off before looking to Jade, "The same goes for you Miss Jade... what did you say your full name was?" Jade panicked before she blurted, "Jade Wolf."

As Alaric had his eyes on Jade, Hope shot her a look as if to say, That was the best you could come up with?

Alaric looked back to Hope, as she spoke "I think they must've just gotten packed away or something. Like I said, we move around a lot."

"Mm-hmm."

"Well, if you are gonna be here in Mystic Falls, you have to go to school." The Saltzman said, looking between the two girls, who nodded. "Well, then I guess it's a good thing we're here, right?" Hope asked.

Before Alaric could say anything, the school bell rang, signalling that the girls had to head to their classes. "Can we go now?" Jade demanded, before taking Hope's arm, ready to lead them both out of the office.

Alaric nodded before saying, "You know, I, uh... I've got three— two... I guess three daughters, and I know when they're not telling me something. So, you know, if there's, uh, anything going wrong at home, you know, if you're in any trouble and you need to talk, just know I'm here to help, okay?"

"We're fine, thanks." Jade declared before leaving the office, taking Hope with her.

❤︎︎

Professor Vardemus paced around the front of the classroom, speaking. "How does the existence of dragons and dryads and phoenixes change what we know about magical biology? It could be the discovery of a lifetime."