𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. drawn to the darkness

Footsteps approached the large cabin, on the outskirts of Mystic Falls

Footsteps approached the large cabin, on the outskirts of Mystic Falls. Orange locks hung over the figure's shoulders as she made a beeline for her voice recording device, that she'd left on the vacant bed.

Holding it to her lips she said, "This is Chasity Smith, I have been free from the Malivore pit for ten days."

Hearing a creak, Chasity looked over her shoulder and threw a knife at the culprit of the noise. Now stuck in a creaky wooden post, Chasity's shoulders fell as she realised there was nobody around.

She lifted the recording device, "It's been nine years since I fell into Malivore, and now that I'm back I need to finish the job that I started." The Smith continued. "My job is to eliminate the Southside pack. That begins with the two Hale kids."

❤︎︎

Molly was furious when she found out that Alaric stood Mazikeen up. The Hale stormed into Alaric's office, as the Saltzman was pulling a Timberwolves jersey over his shirt.

"Molly—" He blurted, facing the rage filled vampire. "Ric, why did you stand up your own daughter?" She asked, angrily.

Alaric's face fell, "I was worried that Maze would kill me... if she hadn't been interrupted last time, she may have."

Molly shook her head, "She wanted to reach out and apologise, Alaric. She needs her Dad." She snapped.

"I can't be her Dad, Molly. I've tried for sixteen years, and now the truth is out and I just... I just can't do this anymore. Now that she knows the truth, she is more and more like Kai and Grace." He admitted, his eyes averting away from Molly's as he thought about the pair.

The images of them appearing at his wedding and killing Jo, would forever be stuck in his mind. Molly's shoulders slumped, as she too remembered that night all too well.

The Hale walked forward, and reached out to hug Alaric. "I know you miss her, and you hate Kai and Grace... but you can't take this out on Mazikeen. She's not her parents, Ric." She said, as Alaric hugged her back.

He held his best friend, feeling the comfort he'd needed for so long. Eventually, Molly pulled away, keeping her eyes on Alaric. "Maze could have killed me too, but I'll never give up on her. She's a beautiful girl and she deserves to be loved."

Alaric nodded weakly, not even being sure how to respond. She was right, Molly was always right.

❤︎︎

Maze sat with Lizzie in the cafeteria, sipping on her coffee as she watched Ari and Josie sitting together from afar.

"So, are you playing today?" Lizzie asked, wanting to move Mazikeen's attention away from Ari and Josie, knowing how much the tension with them hurt her.