𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞. hope is not the goal

The group walked back to the bus, as MG opened the back door

The group walked back to the bus, as MG opened the back door. Mazikeen who was carrying Dana's body, dumped her on the inside of the door, as Dana landed with a painful thud. Lizzie snorted at this.

"So, let me get this straight... Dana died with vampire blood in her system, so she came back to life, and now she's in transition, and she needs to feed or die...?" Landon asked as MG nodded happily in agreement. "Nailed it, bro. Easy decision, right?"

MG looked down to see a white, fibrous substance on his hand and frowned in confusion. "Huh." MG wiped the substance off of his hand and smeared it onto the bumper of the bus.

After a long moment, Kaleb finally spoke up. "All right, so we give her some human blood. It's that simple." Kaleb declared as Hope gave Kaleb a look. "Not everyone wants to be supernatural. Some people just want to be normal." Lizzie chimed in with feigned empathy and concern, "Dana's traumatized, you guys. This is a huge decision. Maybe we should give her a day or two..." She trailed off. Maze smirked, "That's a wonderful idea, Lizzie."

"She'll be dead in a day if she doesn't feed." Ari reminded the Saltzman girls, who both just shrugged. "Us Saltzman's aren't very good at Maths." Maze replied, smugly.

"You should tell her the truth. My guess is that she'd be psyched to be at a place like your school—I know I would." Landon confessed as Kaleb looked past Landon to MG and frowned, "You're awful quiet over there, MG." He admitted. "I'm a feminist, bruh. I'm not gonna tell Dana what to do with her body." MG replied before he pointed toward Landon, who was leaning against the back door of the bus. "Landon's right."

They all nod in agreement and look over at Lizzie and Maze, who, knowing that this is the right thing to do, groan and roll their eyes in response. "Ugh, fine. Okay. But, to be clear, she is not joining drill team." Lizzie growled. Maze just shook her head in disappointment, "Her dorm needs to be very far away from mine." She declared. Hope took a deep breath and cast a spell to wake Dana back up. "Surgere."

Dana groggily sat up as looked though she'd just awoken from deep sleep, "Did I pass out?" She asked as she got into a seated position. Dana groaned and closed her eyes, almost swaying in her seat. "...I don't feel so well." She confessed, looking to the students in front of her, who don't know what to do to help her.

Hope looked at her with a sympathetic expression, "We know how you feel... And it's okay. You're just hungry." She explained. Dana, not understanding where she's going with this, cut her off with a rude tone of voice. "Anorexia was sophomore year. This is something else."

"You'll feel better after you feed. I promise." MG assured her as Dana suddenly grabbed onto Ari, as she tried to stop swaying. Ari, surprised by this, awkwardly patted Dana's shoulder, before silently casting a comfort spell, but it didn't seem to be effective.