Firsts

Omega sat at the bar keeping herself occupied. Cid was supposed to be watching her which she always did but at a distance as she attended to other things. It was a slower day at the parlor. Cid wasn't particularly happy with it, but she was making the best out of the small group of gamblers that huddled around a table. Omega had promised Hunter that she wouldn't participate in any games even if she could easily get credits which was tempting.

A loud groan was heard coming from Cid as she stormed away from the group with a scowl on her face.

"Lose again?" Omega smirked as she sipped her water.

Cid slid a coaster just before the clone put her drink back down. "Save it, Tiny." Reaching over, she threw a sponge at the blonde girl who caught it before it hit her. "I still don't see why Dark and Broody wouldn't let me use you to play," she muttered.

"Used?"

Cid shook her head dramatically. "You know what I mean. Since you aren't playing, the least you can do for me is clean this dump, starting with the bar."

"Clean?" Omega complained.

"Get to work, Tiny. I've got business to attend to," Cid said as she saw more people enter, leaving Omega alone.

Omega grumbled under her breath. If there was one thing she hated more than being left behind on missions, it was being left behind on missions to clean a dirty bar. Tech would have vouched for her saying how the bar was unsanitary for a child to be on cleaning duty. Tech, sadly, wasn't there so she didn't have a choice.

Omega pouted as she took the brownish yellow sponge and began wiping down the counters. She would've preferred to be left on the ship than here.

As time passed on, more and more people came through the doors. Omega watched as a group of male Twi'leks entered. She didn't think much of it, turning her head back to the table to spray until the last member of the group followed behind. Omega did a double take as she tried to keep her gaze on the boy who was about her age. Not watching what she was doing, she missed the drink that someone had placed on the table. The glass shattered on the ground, breaking into little pieces.

"Hey! Tiny, watch what you're doin'! Those ain't cheap," Cid poked her head out of the other crowd of customers she was with.

"Sorry," Omega muttered, "It wasn't my fault, it was whoever-"

"Need help?" Omega jumped back, startled by the new voice next to her. She swallowed hard as  it was the boy she was staring at not too long ago. Omega couldn't help but notice his penetrating dark brown eyes that stood out against his royal blue dotted skin. Navy dots littered his body in no particular pattern except for his lekku. His facial expression was soft as he waited for her to respond, but the words were stuck in her throat.

"Did the glass hurt you?" he asked instead, tilting his head.

Omega quickly shook her head, snapping herself out of her trance. "No, I-I'm fine. Though I could use some help I guess." She smiled, holding her hand out firmly as Echo had taught her. "Hi, I'm Omega."

The boy returned the smile, taking her hand to which Omega felt her heart skip a beat. "Nice to meet you, Omega. I'm Aurinko."

"Nice to meet you too." Omega bit her lip. Was she sounding too formal? Maybe she needed to play it more cool. She didn't know how to since every time she looked at him her face heated up.

"So, do you work here?" Aurinko asked as he began to pick up the larger broken pieces of glass.

Omega got on her knees and started to wipe up the mess with a towel. "Cid's a friend. I'm staying here 'til my brothers get back from...an errand."