oo7 - 𝐃𝐔𝐄𝐓𝐒

'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*''*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

IT WAS A NEW DAY AND RAYANNE WAS AT HER LOCKER, in the mirror fixing her hair. She reached into her bag and pulled out a lipstick tube. Kurt and Mercedes picked it out for her at the mall since she had looked into getting more makeup, but didn't have the money.

It was a deep pink color and it had "Plum Blossom" written on the side of the tube in cursive lettering. She had been using since she got it, which was about three days ago.

The bell rang and the girl quickly made her way to Glee Club. Her Docs squeaking along the tiled floor.

She walked into the club room and sat in her usual seat. After a couple minutes when everyone had arrived, Mr. Schue entered last. It was a routine.

"Sorry I'm late, guys," Mr. Schue explained, "I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in Juvvie," some were surprised, while others had seen it coming, including Rayanne.

"It really was just a matter of time."

"What did he do?"

"He drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store, and drove off with the ATM," Mr. Schue explained. They started laughing.

"And- and when is he getting out?" Rachel stuttered.

"Unknown," Mr. Schue confirmed.

"He might be the stupidest person on this planet, and that's coming from me," Brittany fired, gaining a laugh from Rayanne.

"Guys! Let's have some sympathy," Mr. Schue shut them down.

"For a guy who put his needs before the team's? We need his voice, and his bad-boy stage presence," Finn argued.

Mr. Schue continued, "We can't look at this as, as a crisis. It's an opportunity."

"For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn asked.

"For welcoming our new member,"Mr. Schue paused, "Sam Evans!" He continued after a boy ran in. His hair was bleach blonde, definitely not natural. And his mouth was huge.

"Hey, everybody. I'm Sam. Sam... I am." Oh dear. "And I don't like green eggs and ham." Rayanne visibly cringed.

"Oh, wow, He has no game," Santana was quick to say.

"Okay! This is gonna be great. You're not gonna regret joining, Sam," Finn exclaimed then led him to the seat next to him.

"All right!" Mr. Schue started with the lesson, "Question for the group. What's a duet?"

"A blanket."

Mr. Schue continued, "A duet is when two voices join to become one.. Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers compliment each other, push each other to be better. Now some people," Rayanne turned her attention elsewhere as it was caught by Kurt.

"Psst! He's on team gay," Kurt whispered to both Mercedes and Rayanne, motioning to the new kid. "No straight boy dyes his hair to look like Linda Evangelista circa 1993."

"You're crazy," Rayanne whispered back. "Circa 2010," Mercedes finished for her and they all smiled.

Back to Mr. Schue's speech, "And that's what duets are all about. So, this week I want you to pair up and sing a duet. And since you guys all seemed to love our little "Defying Gravity" diva-off, I'm making this a competition."

"What's the winner get?"

"Dinner for two, on me," he paused, "at Breadstix."

Everyone gasped. Rayanne had never been to Breastix, but she figured it was a big deal considering everyone's reactions.

'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*''*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

"WHY DO YOU WANNA DUET WITH ME?" Rayanne asked genuinely. She was stood at her locker when Santana came up to her and asked her to duet for Glee Club.

"Listen, sunshine, I was there at your audition. And I have to admit, I was stunned. And we both hate Rachel Berry. With both our voices combined, we can take that bitch down," she explained.

The blonde turned to her, "Has anyone ever said 'no' to you?"

"I can be a real bitch when I don't get what I want, sweetheart," Santana quickly fired back.

The pet names were giving the same feeling of butterflies in Rayanne's stomach. "So, what do you say?" Santana asked.

"Alright. I'll do it," Rayanne confirmed.

"Perfect." The brunette took the other girl's hand and stuck a paper in it, then walked away. Rayanne's face went hot and she fumbled the paper in her hand before hastily unraveling it. Inside was a series of numbers, most likely her phone number. The blonde's eyes widened.

"Hey, Rayanne," Kurt caught her attention and Rayanne turned to him before she could recompose herself. His face changed when he realized her state, "Oh my god."

"What?" She quickly fired back.

"Your face is red and your fumbling with your words. You're in love," He gasped before continuing, "It's Santana, isn't it?"

Rayanne was speechless and couldn't get out a word. "I- uh-," Rayanne sighed and calmed down, "Yeah," she confirmed.

"I knew it. I have a good gaydar," He smiled, proud that he was right, "So, what happened?"

"She asked me to duet with her. She said my voice was stunning and that we would sound great together. And she gave me her number," The girl paused, "Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it was to discuss the duet or to hookup."

"Either way, not a bad thing," Kurt commented. He continued, "Also, how's the new lip I got you?"

"I love it, Kurt. I've been using it since I got it and It's the first item of makeup I got that isn't from the drug store," The girl thanked him.

"I'll be sure to tell Mercedes," They both smiled.

The bell rang and the friends split ways, making bee-lines to their next classes. As Rayanne walked through the halls, she was quick to send a message to Santana.

Hey, it's Rayanne

'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*''*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

VENUZ SPEAKS !

there wasn't a rlly good split for the episode to be put into two chapters