The Unholy Trinity-Chapter Twelve

Start from the beginning

            “What’s up?” Ellen asked.

            “Did you guys find a table?”

            “Yeah, finally. You know those kids?”

            “Not really.”

            Ellen smiled at her. “Okay, I can take a hint.” 

            Fallon didn’t smile back as she followed Ellen to the table her mom staked out for them. As she slid in behind the booth, she caught sight of Corina’s glittery eyed stare.

            I used to do this with your boyfriend, only we were naked. Corina’s voice rang in her head, but Fallon couldn’t be sure if she imagined it or not.

As much as she dreaded Lucian’s family seeing her pathetic apartment, Fallon woke up on Thanksgiving morning filled with a sense of real excitement. It had been five days since she’d seen Lucian. Even though they’d talked on the phone a few times, it wasn’t the same as being together. At least she knew the three week winter vacation wouldn’t be that bad. Her mom would be at work most of the time, and Ellen wouldn’t be around to get in her way.

“Oh good, you’re up early,” Gwen said when Fallon wandered into the kitchen in search of some breakfast. “You can get started on peeling the potatoes.”

“Can I eat first?” Fallon protested.

Gwen sighed and blew her bangs out of her face. “Yes, but make it quick. We’ve got a lot to do today.”

While her mom went back to stuffing the turkey, Fallon poured herself a bowl of Raisin Bran and a glass of orange juice. Just as she sat down at the table, Ellen came from her mom’s room to join them in the kitchen.

“I hope there’s enough of that for two bowls,” Ellen said to Fallon.

Fallon expected her mom to tell Ellen she didn’t have to eat cereal, but she must have been too busy thinking about Thanksgiving dinner and all she had to do. Ellen found a bowl in the third cupboard she tried and took a seat across from Fallon.

“It’s going to be an exciting day,” Ellen said.

Fallon shrugged. “I guess.”

“It is for me anyway. I can’t wait to meet Simon. Your mom tells me he’s quite a stud muffin.”

“Ellen!” Gwen squealed while Fallon’s face flamed. “His name is Simeon, not Simon.”

“Simon, Simeon, who cares?” Ellen countered. “I just hope he lives up to the hype. It’s been too long since I’ve been up close and personal with something sexy.”

Fallon nearly choked on the spoonful of cereal she’d just stuffed into her mouth.

“Don’t worry, sweetie. There will be looking but no touching,” Ellen promised.

Fallon pushed her cereal bowl away from her. “I’m gonna go get dressed.”

“Great, I could use some help,” Gwen said. “We’ve got  ”

“A lot to do,” Fallon finished. “I know.”

Fallon didn’t even make it to her room before she heard her mom and Ellen laughing. They could say whatever they wanted about Simeon now, but she hoped they wouldn’t say anything embarrassing when he was around. She wouldn’t put it past Ellen to tell Simeon how sexy she thought he was. Just the thought of it made her stomach turn. Like she didn’t have enough embarrassment to deal with today!