Chapter 30 - Hasta La Vista

Start from the beginning

Natagpuan ko na lang ang sariling nasa comfort room ng Museum Building's basement, hindi lahat ng ilaw dito sa baba ay bukas dahil wala ng ibang tao.

"Xiomara!" walang kontrol na sigaw ko, sa tuwing may nadadaanan akong switch ng ilaw ay sinisigurado kong nabubuksan ko lahat but she's great at playing cards me dahil mas lalo lang dumidilim ang dinadaanan ko.

Iyong binuksan kong ilaw ng comfort room ay muling namatay, mas bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko at galaw ko dahil do'n. I grabbed for the switch again, this time as quick as a thunderbolt, and grasped her icy hand as it was about to leave the toggle, causing me to haul her.

"Xiomara tangina mo, who the fuck are you?!" I nearly forgot that due to my sprain, I can only use one hand normally. She was strong enough to push me, but I didn't let her get away by gripping her hoodie behind.

With no mercy, I booted her knees leading her to tumble to the floor. Sa paa ko siya sinipa nasisigurado ko iyon dahil sa pagbagsak niya sa kanyang tuhod, higit-higit ko pa rin siya sa likod. It's too dark to decipher, but her loud groan in pain tells me I actually did it.

"Get away from me, stupid!" she shouted angrily as I stepped her back. I don't know why I feel sorry for what I did. Maybe because I know my boots were harsh, but I needed to do this to help myself.

Her voice..it's starting to sound familiar to me..

Napadapa siya ngayon sa sahig while I am completely immobilizing her by straddling her back with my whole weight and my firm grip.

"What you had said to Bridge of Rainbows, all the cryptic things you have told me in Mix it Up till the night I lost my shit to sleep, what's the meaning of any of that?" mahigpit na nakahawak ang isang kamay ko sa dalawang kamay niyang pinilipit ko sa likod niya, my legs are pressed up against her elbows, and the next thing I want to do is take off her cap and face mask.

I want to do it right now, but it's pointless because it's too dark and we're on the floor. I blame myself for not turning on the light before topping her like this. I've already cornered her, I don't want to grant her another chance to escape from me again.

"Fuck you son of-stop itVenracion-" she trails off to take a breath, "Nothing I stated in Bridge of Rainbows was true except for the one about not trusting that bitch!"

I'm confused, "What are you talking about?! Who-"

Pagak siyang tumawa ng malakas na nagpatigil sa 'kin, "Understand the rubics well, you know who she is, idiot."

Sa mga naging tagpo namin, iisang pangalan lang ang nabanggit niya and that's Cordova. She even called her a witch, that is nothing new to me because insecure bullies in this school do label her names like that.

"Drop her name," malamig na utos ko, kung si Professor Cordova man ang tinutukoy niya, bakit? Why wouldn't I trust her?

"For what? Are you going to believe me?"

"No," mahinang sagot ko.

"Weak asshole," her insulting laughter grew louder, "The SSC President's title and your stupidity are going to be your end! Bumalik ka sa dati, wala kang mapapala sa mga ginagawa mo ngayon! I've warned you a lot of times!"

"Warned?" natawa pa ako pero kabado na sa puntong 'to, biglang pumasok sa isip ko ang mga sunodsunod na kaguluhan sa SSC Campaigns ko. "Are you one of them?"

"Magsalita ka!" asik ko, mataas na ang galit ko.

"If I say something now, will you believe me?" turan niya. I bowed half my body to reach for her cap and face mask while securing my grips on her hands and her little possibilities of escaping. Wala akong makita pero nagawa kong tanggalin 'yung sumbrero niya gamit itong sprained arm ko, nagagalaw ko naman kaunti pero hindi pa nito kayang pumwersa.