Chapter 41 - High-key

Magsimula sa umpisa

Do I fucking need to prove them that Professor Rafa Eli Cordova is not Xiomara Morgana? We're all blessed with critical minds, if you put every event of my encounter with Xiomara under a microscope, there's no fucking way that she's Professor Cordova.

"H-hey, Meziah," pigil ni Jazzver sa 'kin, she held me on my shoulders to keep me from sitting. I stared at her, I couldn't believe she's one of them too. Does she think the same way as them too?

"Before you say anything, breathe easy, my sister," Mighty Deev pats my back.

Yesha stands up firmly, "We had a short discussion before you came, kinausap na rin kami ni Lucca. We're all convinced now that Professor Cordova and Xiomara Morgana are two different people, okay? We meant no harm, Meziah, but you have to see this.."

She gave me her phone, I clenched my jaw and just stared at it. Ayokong tanggapin kaya binulsa niya ulit 'yon, iyong 85 inches flat screen smart tv sa harap namin ang binuksan niya at doon niya pinalabas ang kaparehong laman ng phone kanina-files of cctv videos, gusto kong kumurap to dismiss this pero hindi ko na nagawa nang mapanood ko iyon.

"Focus, Meziah.."

It was a CCTV copy of the Library's 13th floor, bloodstone. On the same day, I had a dysmenorrhea attack and went to the piano room. After I had locked the door, someone entered the building wearing the same attire that Xiomara seems to be wearing whenever she's making her appearance.

Siya 'yung gumamit ng School ID to barge in the door but failed kaya siya lumabas ulit ng bloodstone. After some time, sumunod na pumasok si Professor Cordova na may dalang susi and the rest happened.

"What do you guys want me to think?" I buried my face on my palms.

"That she's not Xiomara? Same date and time while Xiomara's trying to barge in, Professor Cordova just entered the library building's ground floor," Mighty Deev resumes, what she's saying is exactly what's happening on the copy of cctv.

Si Matias naman ngayon ang nagsalita..

"Professor Cordova rode the elevator to 12th floor, nag-usap sila saglit ni Ma'am Hanzella, gumamit siya ng hagdan kasi puno ang elevator until 13th floor. She noticed something wrong with the door, before she entered Xiomara came out of it. Sinubukan siyang habulin ng propesor pero hindi siya naabutan, at bago 'yon.."

Tiningnan nila akong lahat..

"Xiomara dropped something," tinuro ni Yesha 'yung bagay na nahulog ni Xiomara sa harap ng pintuan ng bloodstone, hindi malinaw kung ano 'yon pero pinulot 'yon ni Professor Cordova at itinago sa coat.

"What's that?" I ask curiously.

"We don't know yet, that's something we need to find out, Meziah," Jazzver responds.

Napapansin ko sila-sila lang kumakausap sa 'kin, si Lucca tahimik lang sa gilid, kumakain ng pizza pero nakikinig sa 'min.

"I need more of the cctv footages," I demand seriously.

"I couldn't access any of the school's cctv records anymore, they caught the illegal jobs I did that made them double their security. Kahit naman sundan natin lahat with the complete footages, Xiomara's skills are damn unpredictable so it's useless. Ilang beses ko na siyang sinundan pero para siyang multo, mahirap huliin kahit siguro totoong imbestigador mapapasuko na lang," Yesha states while looking at the tv.

"We all know gabi lang 'yan lumalabas, her appearance in the library was the first time she went out with the sun at katulad nang laging ginagawa niya, sinasadya niya talagang sumuksok sa mataong lugar, next thing we know nawawala na lang siyang parang bula."