Chapter 14

Patricks POV:

I parked my car near some woods which appealed to me. I got out and opened the trunk. There it lay. A piece of rope. I curled my hand around it and pulled it out.

It felt weird. Holding something thats going to kill you. I closed the trunk and dropped my keys next to my car. It's not like I'm gonna need it anymore.

It was dark. Really dark. I didnt know how late it was. But I guessed it was 11 or something. I walked further and further till I found this tree. Funny. It was a cork tree. Memories came flooding my mind. Memories of the good times I had. Just something I didn't need. I started to cry hysterically. I slid down against the tree and just sat there. The rope still in my hands.

When I finally calmed down I knew that this was the end. This was it. It was going to be over soon. No more pain. No more sadness. No more memories.

I climbed into the tree and sat on the branch I was gonna tie my rope too.
I tied the rope to it and made a loop. I put the loop around my neck and I still sat on the branch. My legs dangeling.

Now that the end was so close I got scared. Scared of what was to come. Scared what this would do to Pete. But he's still better of without me anyway. Everyone is.

I'm gonna fade now. Not slowly. Not later. Now.

I pushed myself of the branch and I heard a scream.