Chapter 14: Distortion of Reality, My Ass

"Nathan Fierce?"

"The one and only", he smiled like cheshire cat. I was too stunned to speak, the very guy who was dead set on killing me was right ahead. "Oh Rochelle, I've been waiting forever for this day. I've got to say you aren't like anything I expected you to be", he said in contemplation and paced around.

"You know who I am?", I asked dumbfounded. "Of course I do, I've always wanted to have revenge and I was lucky enough to have someone who was willing to help me get it", he seethed.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Who helped you? And what do you want?", I asked cautiously. "Hah, Who he is, is none of your concern. And as for what I want, I already told you... Revenge."

"My father was an honest man, he was only doing his job", I defended. Nathan laughed humourlessly. "Clearly you don't know anything about your father. It's no surprise, you've always been oblivious-"

"Speak for yourself", I retorted. " Yeah? You were oblivious enough to not notice me in the party. Its weird you took the Scotch, if I remember correctly... You don't drink", he said.

My mind began recollecting the party that was thrown for me. It stopped at the time I was with Fermano. He was the bloody waiter!

"You were there... all along", I whispered. "Surprise!", he said with jazz hands. "What has this got to do with being a chinese hacker leaking navy info?", I genuinely asked. This clearly made no sense whatsoever. "Oh that? That wasn't me, I merely acted like it was. If not you, I would've easily used some blackmail tactics by capturing one of your friends", he ironically sighed and said.

"Well you have me here right now. What's the deal?", I enquired with spite. He laughed for a bit before looking back at me. "I was planning on putting a bullet in your head but since you don't know what your father has done, where's the fun in that?"

"Ok? And? If you're going to explain your pity revenge story you better make it quick, my team will be here any minute now", I rolled my eyes and said. "Ah and there is where the story takes a twist. I'm not going to tell you anything, you'll have to figure it out on your own", he replied with his terrible grin.

"My father was the best man there ever was. You're just way out of your mind", I replied. " Tut tut tut... Reality is often distorted when you look at it from different perspectives", he said in a philosophical tone. I was about to counter it when my burner phone pinged.

***

Cummins

Did you get Nah Tan Mi?

***

I immediately look back up to see no one there. He just disappeared into thin air. Nathan Fierce will be the death of me. I was in the middle of typing a frustrated reply to Van with Nathan's words replaying again and again on loop in my head

"Reality is often distorted when you look at it from different perspectives"

Suddenly, it clicked when I looked at Van's message again.

Nah Tan Mi -----> iM naThaN

That son of a gun! My face contorted like a surreal painting, red anger. I cursed again and again and threw the damn burner phone on the ground like it was his stupid smirk I was smashing into pieces instead. It was right in front of my eyes... ALL THIS TIME!

"Woah, what happened here?", Van approached me from behind with Harrison. I just sighed, kicked the shit out of a broken TV near the wall and went back to the car. That douchebag was sneaky, I'd give him that.

I messaged the rest of them that I took the car with me and they had to catch a cab on the way back. I got a lot of colourful responses back:

"Roch. Get. BACK. HERE. NOW!"

"The car? Are u serious?"

"A clown, homeless dude and hot woman pooling in a cab. What a sight to behold"

"Fucking hell, chill! I'll pick you guys up"

"Aw thnx Ben Dover, I wanna meet that date of yours"

"Keep dreaming Cum Buckets"

I was back in the Den in no time. The first thing I wanted to do was find a way to figure out whether what Nathan said was true or not. What was my father hiding? What did he mean by that? Who the fuck helped him find me?

Unfortunately for me, I had priorities. Time to dress up as a man and hang out with a bunch of criminals!