Chapter 11: Ballbreaker Ronnie

Two light brown eyes stared right back at me. Veronica Cummins.
What was she doing here? She's the last person I'd imagine to be in an illegal boxing place.

"Rochelle? Van? Frick!", She exclaimed in panic. Van appeared behind me with stern eyes, "What are you doing here, Ron?", He asked slowly.

Veronica shifted side to side in nervousness. "I-I uhm... Sneaked in?"

We all stared wide-eyed at her, expecting an explanation. "I know it's late but I was craving a smoothie so I came in here. Then I saw a bunch of buff guys following me so I ran to one of the corridors and decided to hide myself in the cellar below the floor. It turns out it wasn't a cellar and next thing I know, I'm here", she whispered.

"C'mon you're delusional. You're too uninteresting for someone to follow you around", Fierro scoffed. "I'd close that mouth if I were you, Romano. Flies may be attracted to the filthy smell it emits", Ronnie bit back.

"There they are!", She gasped. 3 men sporting huge moustaches entered and looked around. When they finally looked at Ronnie, they came our way. I could hear Veronica fake cussing as she hid behind Van. "G'day gentlemen. What can we do for you?", Fierro asked amusedly.

"We need the girl. Hand her over", the bigger one demanded. "Excuse me? Who are you?", Van asked with a threatening voice. "We're the Munchkins Motorcycle Crew. She stole our keys, hand it over", the smaller one of the two clutching his pants for some reason.

"M-MUNCHKIN Motorcycle crew?", Fierro tried to say without breaking into laughter. "Is there a problem, fella?", The other one asked. Fierro laughed and nodded his head. "I wasn't laughing at your name, I was laughing at the fact that you think SHE stole your keys."

Nice Save.

Ronnie glared at him and smacked him from behind. "You don't think I'm capable enough to steal someone's stuff?", She asked offended. "Nah, I just think you're not talented enough", Fier smiled and told her. She was fuming red as she retrieved a bunch of keys from her pocket and handed it to the crew.

We all stared at her again... She stole their keys? VERONICA CUMMINS COULD STEAL SOMETHING?

"Next time you treat someone like that, think of the things I can do to your beloved machine buddies", she threatened the crew hinting at their motorcycles. They shuddered and quickly ran away from there.

She stared back at our faces which were slightly agape and sighed.

"Ok, so maybe I wasn't completely honest. Before I entered the shop, I saw these three guys bullying an employee for taking the wrong order. I couldn't stand it. As revenge, I discretely stole their keys when they were re-ordering their smoothies and I think one of them saw me rotating it around my fingers and whistling as I went out. He chased me for a while and almost had me backed into the corner. I panicked and jabbed my knee where the sun don't shine and rushed to the corridor, leaving him to howl in pain... And I ended up here", she said more confidently now.

We gaped at her. She was the type of girl that seemed like a character from a kid's show. She had a funny way of cussing (brother's influence) and always had that goody-two-shoes girl demeanor... I guess she gets scary when it's necessary. Good to know.

"I'm still recovering from the fact you annihilated that dude's balls. I think I'll have to steer clear of you, Ronnie. I can't have you assaulting my babies", Fierro said in amusement. "Exactly, Fier. Before you think of picking a fight with me again, remind yourself of this day. Your nuts probably won't survive my fatal kicks", she replied smugly.

Is this the same Veronica Cummins who thought blowjobs meant being a glassmith? Probably

"I like this new bold attitude, Ron. You should showcase it more", I commented.

"Too much effort. I can't deal with more embarassment than I already have by injuring some guy's private parts", she shuddered.

Annnnd... she's back

"Ok, enough of this. Ron, we've got A LOT to talk about", Van smiled creepily. Veronica chuckled nervously. "Yeah no, I'm going back to my appartment. Bye!", She took off.

"Hey wait up! I can't let you injure any more dicks!", Fierro ran behind her to accompany her back home. Its funny how even though they're sworn enemies, they somehow always end up helping eachother out.

Van was still shocked from the whole situation. "Chill, let's get back to the Den. Fier will take her home, no worries", I assured him. "It's not her, I'm worried about. God knows how often she's gonna use this new trick on people", he grimaced. I chuckled and pushed him up the stairs.

Ben was waiting for us at the entrance, sirens filling the empty silence of the night. "Took you dipshits long enough. Why did you come? You should've just camped down there", he rolled his eyes and said with sarcasm lacing his voice.

"We had to save a bunch of nuts from getting pummeled", I whispered loud enough for Van to hear me and kick my shin from behind. I chuckled.

"What's going to happen to it after this?", Van asked in contemplation.

"As for now, it's our property by the government", Ben said with a hint of the obvious.

"I may have some ideas... But for now, I don't think we'll come back here for a long time", I smiled and walked past both of them.