"You're gonna find him by scent?" Issac asked.

Scott nodded, handing him one of Stiles' shoes. "Yeah. We both are."

Issac frowned, holding on to the smelly item, "But how come you get his shirt, and I get a shoe?" he questioned.

Though the betas eyes shifted from Issac to behind him, coming into the frame was Derek. "We need to talk." Nova stood from her spot wanting to go to him but at the sight of the figure behind him she came to a halt taking steps back.

"All of us." Peter Hale added on making his presence known to all of them.

"Holy sh–!" Scott was just as stunned as he saw the supposed dead werewolf. They two best freinds, Nova and Scott had blank faces whereas Issac was just clueless. "What the hell is this?" Scott asked furiously.

Derek had a patronizing look on his face, "You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station..." Nova looked at Scott confused.

"Okay, hold on! He-he threatened to kill my mom! And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?" Scot defended.

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous!" Peter spoke up.

"Shut up!" Derek, Scott, and Nova answered simultaneously, although he was correct, he had no right to talk about her after trying to kill her.

Issac observed the scene in front of him still very confused, "...Who is he?" He asked quietly.

"That's Peter, Derek's uncle. A little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire–" Scott began to explain but was cut off by Peter himself.

He pointed to the glaring girl, "She set me on fire." He accused Nova. "You're a little psycho–"

Nova held her hand up muttering the words, "Incendia." making a small flame appeared on Peter's jacket. "Nova!" Derek called out to her, making her stop. She threw her hands up in surrender with a pout on her lips.

Scott dismissed the small scene in front of him and continued, "Anyway... Derek ended up slashing his throat."

After Peter patted away the flames he snapped his head towards the two teen boys, "Hi." He waved his hand sarcastically.

"...That's good to know." Issac nodded.

"How is he alive?" Nova questioned, "Shouldn't he be in hell?"

Derek sighed looking at her, "Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson... and maybe how to save him."

"Well, that's very helpful... except Jackson's dead." Issac told them.

Both werewolves standing opposite of them frowned in confusion, "What?"

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field." Scott confirmed.

Issac noticed at the reactions that they gave, "Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?" He asked, considering not too long ago Derek wanted him dead.

Peter sighed, "Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen– Gerard wanted it to happen." He informed the group.

"But why?" Derek turned to his uncle.

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out." Peter stepped forwards with his hands behind his back, "And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚

The ride to the Hale house was silent for the most part, there was awkward tension amongst them The only noise came from the many notifications coming in from their phones. Scott and Nova stayed updated by all the parents on the whereabouts of Stiles.