"This is how your father treats you?" He asked, "It doesn't have to be like this."

"But he has the staff." Skyler pointed out, "And with Rea-- I mean, Anirei under his control, there's nothing I can do about it."

"But what if I can?" Kai asked, "Lloyd didn't stand a chance against Anirei alone, Chen used Lloyd's feelings for Anirei against him, but Chen trusts me, I can get close to the staff, and then--"

"Why would you tell me this after I betrayed you and kept Anirei away from you?" Skyler asked.

"You spared me for a reason. And you know I'm far too fetching to resist." Kai said making Skyler smile, "And also, it's what Anirei would do for you."

"What do you mean?" Skyler asked, looking back at the girl who clutched onto her hand, but didn't seem to be paying any attention to conversation the two were having.

"I saw how you were taking care of Anirei while she was still hidden as Reanii. That's not something someone with a pure black heart would do. That look in your eyes when you were by Anirei, helping take care of her, that's something that can't be faked. Anirei is a good girl, and she repays her debts of kindness to others. And anyone who helps my little sister out, is worth repayment."

Skyler nodded and pulled Anirei closer to her, facing her towards Kai.

"She's always a little out of it after using her powers." Skyler said, "If you want to, you can hug her. She won't feel it, but if I think it may help her come back just a little bit."

Kai didn't hesitate and pulled Anirei into a tight hug. His heart jumped feeling Anirei in his arms, like his fire and had just back. 

"El.... der...... brother...." Anirei whispered so softly that Kai had almost barely missed her words. But he simply smiled, not wanting to ruin the moment he had with his little sister.

~~~~~

Chen led everyone to the ceremony where he would finally take Lloyd's power for his own. Kai held onto Anirei's hand while standing near Skyler, preparing for his chance to take the staff from Chen when it was time.

Two of Chen's worshippers walked down the tall flight of stairs with Lloyd in hand, leading him down to the center of the room and locking him down in chains on the floor. Kai, with Anirei still in hand, walked up to Lloyd with a sad look on his face.

"Why would you help them? They took Zane and Rei from us." Lloyd said angrily.

"Don't worry." Kai said, but changed his mood when Clouse came closer, "It won't hurt, heh, that much." Kai laughed and leaned just a little bit closer when Clouse turned away to his master, "Get the stone to Anirei when you're finally released."

Lloyd looked at him confused, but quickly understood what Kai meant.

"All right, first thing's first. Daughter!" Chen shouted at Skyler. Skyler looked over at Kai, who smiled and nodded for her to continue.

"I offer my power to you, Father." She said and knelt down so he could take the power of Amber. Chen didn't even think for a second to stop as his staff lit up and stole Skyler's power from her, leaving her dizzy and unbalanced.

"Only one can remain." Chen said after the process was complete. Chen's smile grew even larger when he turned to Lloyd and walked closer.

"And now for the final element." He said, "Only one can remain."

The staff shone brightly over Lloyd, who bent down to his knees and groaned from his power beginning to leave him. He screamed in pain as a green light was sucked out of his along with his powers into the staff as the minions in the room chanted.