28

Anirei sat on her bed, still tired from the revelation she had to go through with the others. It had been a day or so since she introduced everyone to her parents, Nox, Meyer, and revealed the missing pieces of her past and the prophecy. It was a lot, but it needed to be revealed.

But now, she had to make a choice and soon before the Overlord could take her and the others out.

"Rei!" Lloyd's voice said behind her bedroom door. He came into the room with a smile, something he always gave Anirei. Even though she hid away so much about herself, he still stayed by her side.

"You feeling up to getting out of bed?" He asked.

Anirei smiled and stood up albeit a little shakily, "I'm okay to walk around for a little bit."

"Great. Come on, Dr. Julien's about to put the falcon back together." Lloyd took Anirei by the hand and led her outside where Dr. Julien was repairing the falcon. They watched happily as he placed every cog and bolt in place.

"Every cog, every gear is important." The inventor explained, "If one piece is missing, or out of place, the invention won't work."

The last cog was placed and the falcon came back to life, cawing at its newfound breath.

"Come now, little one. Time to fly." The falcon did as it was told and flew off to find Zane.

"It is like you Ninja." Sensei Wu compared walking up behind the two Ninja, "You each serve very important roles, and are each key parts to a magnificent fighting force."

"If we're all gears, what if I'm the gear that doesn't work?" Lloyd asked, "What if I don't do my part? What if I can't defeat my father?"

"What if you what ifs turn out to be just bad thoughts to bring you down?" Anirei chuckled, "You have to know, Lloyd, that as the Green Ninja, you are more powerful than Garmadon's darkness. Your light is bright enough to take on his shadows and win."

"Anirei is right. The final battle is almost upon us. When that time comes, we will know the answer to what if, whether we like it or not." Sensei Wu said.

"I know you don't want to face your father, but there's no other choice." Nya added.

"But perhaps there is." Misako revealed, walking over to the group with a scroll in hand, "I used to think it was inevitable, but then I found this."

"You mean Lloyd doesn't have to fight? This I gotta hear." Cole said as he and the other Ninja came back from their beach hangout spot.

"The scrolls say that when the Helmet of Darkness is bequeathed to its rightful ruler, the celestial clock will count down to the activation of an unspeakable weapon." Misako explained, "The first sign that the final battle between good and evil has begun."

Anirei eyes widened as she stared at the picture on the scroll, "Yes, I remember my mother speaking to me about this helmet. She wore it while she controlled the Stone Army for the Overlord, before my father showed her the light."

"Did you just say unspeakable weapon?" Kai repeated questioningly.

"Uh, I'm still stuck on what bequeathed means." Jay said.

"Go on, Misako. Don't let us interrupt you." Cole said, "How do we stop the final battle?"

"There is nothing here that explains what would happen if the Helmet of Darkness is returned." Misako said.

"Interesting. Remove the helmet, the clock starts. Put it back, the clock stops." Sensei Wu observed.

"And the final battle never starts." Lloyd said excitedly.