Part 28 - The Meeting

I have been following Tony around all day today. I just want him to sign five pieces of paper before the meeting he has to attend in a bit. It's unbelievable how hard it is to convince him to sign something. It's consuming so much of my energy everyday.

"Tony, please. It will take you 30 seconds" I beg him.

"30 seconds that I could use doing something else" he replies and finishes up some things around the lab.

"Or 30 seconds that you could spend making me happy and satisfied" I fake smile at him.

"30 minutes is more like my style" he replies proudly.

"Is it really so hard for you to make my work easy for once? We have to attend the meeting any minute now and all you have to do is sign these" I sigh desperately.

"Tell me why I made Pepper CEO but I still seem to have just as many responsibilities as before" he groans annoyed and comes towards me to sign the papers.

"Because you're still the owner of the company and have the majority of the stocks" I explain and he shakes his head.

"Here. Happy?" he asks me smiling once he's done signing everything.

"Very" I reply and take them in my hands.

"When do we have to leave?" he asks.

"Now" I reply.

"Can I just-?" he starts asking but I stop him.

"No, let's not be late for once" I reply sternly.

"I'm not always late" he sounds offended.

"Yes, you are. But you have the chance to change that now" I try to channel his good side.

"I'll only do it to prove you wrong" he replies and grabs his suit from a hanger.

"How romantic" I say sarcastically.

He hears me and comes over to my spot. Without speaking a word he pulls me up in the air and lets me sit on top of a desk. His lips devour mine with lust and his hands pull me close to him with desire.

"Is that romantic enough for you, Ms. Reeves?" he smirks centimeters away from my lips.

"That was...definitely...something" I say slowly, being out of breath.

"Come on, we don't want to be late" he teases me and I nod.

I stand back on my feet and come back to my senses as we walk together out of the lab. We arrive at the conference room where not everyone is yet and he gives me a proud look.

"Not even Pepper is here. I'm significantly early" he smiles.

"Congratulations" I say to him sarcastically.

"I wouldn't be any more sarcastic today if I were you" he says bringing his body close to mine.

"I'll be more careful then, boss" I say and he bites his lip while smiling.

He's about to speak when Pepper and a few more people enter the room. Tony gives me the you're lucky look and turns his back at me to greet them. I also introduce myself to everyone and we all take our seats. My seat is between Pepper and Tony as usual. I've only attended a couple more meetings but my seat was still in between them.

My job is to keep notes and look for any details and references needed during the meeting. Pepper is the one to talk mostly and communicate with the other CEOs about the deal they're trying to close. Tony is mostly quiet and I don't like the reason why. He's eyeing very much one of the female CEOs on the other side of the table.