Part 10 - The Party (1)

It's the night. The most interesting night of my life. Of my existence. I'm wearing all the clothes Tony bought me but I made a little adjustment. I couldn't stay with my knees uncovered since they are still bruised, so I wore my black tights. The outfit is extraordinary, I can't believe it's myself that I see in the mirror. I also had Sophie look over my make up to be sure it's as good as it can be.

"I gotta go" I say and breathe out to stop my slight shaking.

"Relax, you'll do great" she hugs me.

I go towards the door and just before I open it I hear Sophie again.

"And remember, if Thor is single give him my number!" she says and I laugh.

I don't even have to reply to her. I walk all the way outside and casually get in the car. I'm trying to remain calm from the beginning. The drive there takes a while which doesn't help with my nerves. I'm starting to think about all the people I'm going to meet, the Avengers tower generally, the fact that I'm Tony's date, how I have still no answer from him about us.

Before I can have an anxiety attack the car reaches its destination. I breathe out and step outside. It's really the entrance to the tower. I've never been so close. I take the first steps towards it and as soon as the door opens automatically I see him. There is Tony. He's wearing a total black outfit and his hair and beard styling is excellent.

He looks expensive.

"Here you are" he smiles at me.

"Hey" I smile back and look around.

"You look amazing" he tells me when he's reached me.

"So do you" I rest my hand on his chest as he kisses me slowly.

"What are those for?" he asks caressing my legs over my tights.

"If you saw my knees you'd know. You left them bruised from the night in my room" I say quietly.

He looks away and smirks to himself. He's definitely having flashbacks.

"Still not happy about them. I like your legs uncovered" he says looking at me up and down.

"Thank you, I'll keep that in mind for the next time" I reply.

"Shall we?" he asks after a few seconds of staring at me like he has something in mind.

I nod and he gives me his elbow. I take it and we start walking together, heading to the elevator. My heartbeat increases as we reach higher and higher. Tony notices and wraps his arm around my waist. At first it makes my heartbeat faster but after a few seconds it actually becomes better.

"You shouldn't be worried, they're normal people" he says calmly.

"You're right, you're right" I inhale and exhale slowly.

"I mean, Cap is a little annoying and all but I think you'll do okay" he jokes and makes me laugh.

His hand starts caressing my back and he brings his lips to my neck. A few seconds later the elevator makes a stop and I can't believe my eyes. It's Steve Rogers entering the same elevator with us.

"See? What did I tell you? He's always ruining the moment" Tony comments smirking.

"Nice to see you, too, Tony" Steve says smiling.

"This is Zoe" Tony introduces me.

I can actually see myself from my mirror reflection and manage to close my shocked mouth before he looks at me, saving myself from the embarrassment. He gives me his hand and shakes it.