chapter 28 // haven

Start from the beginning

The even bigger question was why did we take the SUV amongst all the other cars. They had specifically said that the SUV's were for missions due to being like tanks. I huffed into the air, causing the window to fog up.

We screeched to a halt that almost flung me out of my seat. Sin threw off his seat belt and jumped out of the car faster than I could even sit up. I unbuckled my seat belt slowly just before he opened my door and held out his hand for me. He always helped me out of the car, it was his own personal touch of gentleman.

As my feet hit the gravel, I looked around at my surroundings. We were in the driveway in front of a warehouse that looked abandoned from the outside. It had peeling paint aside from the cracked red brick holding it together. A few of the windows were smashed out, leaving slivers of cut glass in the others.

Sin didn't drop my hand as he closed the door behind my, pushing my body in front of him. He moved his hand around my waist, pushing me forward. I trusted Sin but at this moment, my entire body was vibrating with fear of why we were here.

As we entered the building, it was dark and old. It looked like it hadn't seen human life in ages. There were a few lamps that clung to the ceiling but were flickering out, trying to stay alive. He continued leading me through the curved hallways of darkness.

We met face with one room that he pushed us both into, slamming the door behind us. It was a concrete building with one specific light shining into the middle of the room. There were old paint stains and liquid stains that lined the walls. In the middle of the room sat a chair that looked like it was from a dentist. A rolling table with a tray sat next to it, almost like the one from the other day that held all of the tools for my wounds.

He let go of my waist, staring me into my eyes and motioning me to sit down at the chair. I gulped but I obeyed, I knew he wouldn't hurt me. My legs shaked as I took a seat on the hard leather, staring back into Sin. I could barely make out his face from the lack of light as he leaned up against the wall.

"Would you kill Evin if you got the chance, Haven?",he asked, pulling his gun out and placing it on the counter that lined the wall.

I realized that the wall he stood by contained multiple floor length mirrors and a huge countertop with multiple cabinets. A cool breeze hit my skin and my hair rose.

"I-I-I'm not sure, I would hope so," I stuttered out. That was the truth, I had always wanted to kill him. But if the chance came, could I do it? I had killed others before but that was before knowing who they were. I knew Evin was good at least once in his life, he just had went down the wrong path.

Sin took a step towards me, cocking his gun into place, turning off the safety.

"I slaughtered my father here. In this exact room. Does that scare you Canim?" He bit out, his voice sounding cold and dark. His eyes matched his voice, they were sunken now and looked bitter.

I sent a gulp down my throat before shaking my head from side to side. I was scared of Sin and what he was capable of but not that he killed others.

"Why not?"

"I am sure there's more to the story" I said, trying to sound confident.

A smile pulled at his mouth but it was more than a friendly smile. It was a devilish smile that sent chills throughout my body. He took another step forward, still holding his gun in his right hand. He placed his free hand on top of my thigh, mirroring himself in between my legs.

He trailed his hand up to my face, cupping it into his palm and pulled me forward. His hands ran through my hair, grasping it into his fingers. He eased into me, going in deeper, taking full control of the kiss. Our tongues twirled together like a messy knot, trying to untangle.