chapter 24 // haven

Start from the beginning

I squeezed my eyes shut for the last time, letting the fear drain out of me, before opening again. I was met with Sin's face as his hand reached my hair, running through it. I let out my few panicked breaths as I now recognized where I was.

I glanced around the room, my vision now coming back, as I saw the familiar kitchen wear. I was propped up on the kitchen table, with many tools and a light placed around me. Con stood at the end of the table near my feet, watching, the same as always.

He wore his mask but the black glass was pushed up, allowing me to see his deepest of eyes glaring into me. Tan stood a sliver behind Sin, holding a bloody towel in his hands. His smile captured his face as we made eye contact, which allowed the weight off my chest to leave. Sin had a look of relief over his stern face, putting down his toolkit next to my chest.

"How are you feeling Canim? Does anything hurt?" Sin asked, his eyes boring into me.

I felt around my body for a few moments but didn't notice anything major. My head hurt like a raging migraine but nothing else stood out. I knew I had been shot but since the game with Tan in the car, I didn't remember anything else besides the dream. I was stuck in a fury of thoughts, what did my mother mean by her saying?

"No, just a headache, that is all" I replied, catching his stare back.

He nodded his head and turned away towards the kitchen, not saying another word. Tan dropped the towel beside him and took his place. He ran his hand over my forehead before placing a soft kiss on it. His smile never left his face even as his eyes explored my body.

"Thank you for saving me" I said up to him in a quiet whisper.

"There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you princess" He said still stroking my forehead.

Sin came back over with a glass of water and a few pills in his hand. He set them down on the table before leaning over and placing his hand behind my back. He helped me lean upwards, sending a shooting pain through my shoulder and spine. As I sat up, he took the glass and held it to my lips. I drank from it before he placed the pills into my hand.

I took them as he watched me, continuing to cure my thirst. I swallowed and he set the glass back down.

"Is there a reason my spine hurts and not just my shoulder?" I choked out.

"The bullet flushed right through your inner shoulder which sent shocks into your lower body. You're very lucky to even be able to move." He replied, standing next to me.

"Im sorry" I replied, putting my head down.

I thought I had done it but all I did was create more of an issue. I shouldn't have came, it was all my fault that it went so badly.

"No, I'm sorry Haven, I should have gotten there sooner. The door was blocked off, I didn't protect you" He sighed as he rubbed my back.

"Im tired" I said, feeling a yawn come to my mouth.

Sin nodded as he exchanged a glance with Con before stepping away. Con walked over to me and put his arms around me softly. He pulled me closer into his chest and turned around towards the steps.

Is this the same Con, what is happening right now? Why didn't Tan do it? A million thoughts ran through my head as I rested my head against his shoulder. The heat of his body warmed mine and I wanted to bathe into it.

He removed one of his hands away from my thigh to pry open the bedroom door. I realized that this wasn't my bedroom, it was his. The room was much larger but also much darker. I first noticed the small version of a living room to the front of us. It contained a dark olive green couch with a huge TV and a table.