Chapter fifthteen: Love Locket

February 2, 2019
11:20 pm
Dear Hopeless Diary...
It's been over a week... not a single word from him again. Maybe it was wrong of me for going in for that kiss. That's stupid kiss that I craved so much. Call me a hopeless romantic why don't you.
I wanted him, I didn't want anyone to be next.
Those dark roasted chestnut eyes, with that messy curly hair of his. I failed to understand what possibly went wrong that night.
Most of that day still lingers through the dark forest inside. As hours go by, pieces start disappearing. His facial features start becoming distorted. It was a beautiful night sky that night, slowly it became cloudy and formed a storm.

That soul piercing figure? He had returned. He no longer had a mask or an eyepatch covering his eye.
He was now a hooded figure with black smoke escaping from his hood. I couldn't even force myself to look him in the eyes. There wasn't any, just blood dripping down from where the eye sockets would be and gray smoke that lingered. He was about 7 foot and trying to steal my soul.
I wanted to find him, not the creature that haunts him inside.

I was not afraid of his inner demon.
But I knew for a fact I should've been.

It's a difficult thing falling in love with someone who you know has their issues. Whether it's health problems or past trauma. You have to make do with the suffering although it's not gonna be easy.
You also have to occasionally remind yourself that some people don't want to be saved.

It's been about almost 7 months now,
I still haven't mastered the fact if he wants to be saved or not.
I know he's a good person. But there's a possibility that I'm not good enough for him.
There may never be a future between me and him. But at least him being a part of my life is the least I could ask for.