Standing On My Own

Today is a new day. The day I take back what is mine. I let you in and you played me like a game. Not any more will you get to have my trust back. The way you just did me in the end was wrong as hell.

I am stronger now with an idea of what I want. Knowing who I am and what a Diamond, I am to have and treasure. The thing is, I trusted you and you lied and took me as a fool. You won this round, and that's all you get.

I walk away now with all I need to hear, for you keep playing games I want no part of. You bashed me and treated me like the villain. In the end, the villain was not me at all, but that's how you played the game.

Now you are gone. The headache is with you. I am free to breathe and really think. The words you said they played in my head and I have come up with that may be. So hear me and make sure you are not confused.

Free, I am from the hurt and pain. No more tears over a game you played, I thought, was real. You may think you won and hate me. If that makes you sleep at night, then we let that be. But know this and hear what I am saying. I am the true winner, for I will not bash you like you did me. I will not play the game and say your name. You are free to create a new account just font look for me and let me be. I don't want to know a person with no heart that took from me like I was on my deathbed.

Free to smile and find the one. To hold me close and live life with. No games, no happy ending, but a real life of give and take. Donor that trust me enough to be real with me of who they may be and know that I will never judge them for who they are. I pride my self of showing kindness and love in my heart. You will not break me for who I am and what I will become.

I wish you well on your journey in life. But I will not be the stepping stone of fun you continue to play and stable me in the back. Maybe a young woman not knowing who she is will continue to play the game with you. I pray everyone finds their peace. I know I am with every sunrise I see. There is so much more in this world to see. That I am not looking back at what was.

Your mistake was the way you treated me. Bashing me with hurtful things you felt like you should say. When I saw the way they bash you and how you took it like it was the thing to do. Not me, not when I was not the one what always had a hand to hold on. Then again, I was a game you jus used to play.

Did I have feelings? Yes, I will say it out load. That does not make me weak. It shows I was human and had compassion for a man you said you were. You told me things I believed, like how you loved me and saw me in your dreams. Every thing anyone wants to hear but not when it's a game and a heart is going to be broken.

So today is a new day, and I am stronger now. Had to get a few things off my chest. That is true. I won't be disrespectful, just let you know I am doing okay. You hurt me; you made me cry. I had thoughts of what may be. Stupid me, some may say. But with each new lesson, I will become an amazing woman that will love someone that will love me back with all my scars. Like a beautiful tiger with all its strips, I will wear mine with pride as I stand.