Amelie Rhys - Mentor

MEET AMELIE amelierhys on WATTPAD

I write adult or NA romance, either of the swoony historical or steamy contemporary variety. I have been in the Wattpad Star program since 2020, and two of my historical fiction works, Before She Ruled and Before He Was Mine, are part of the Wattpad Paid Stories program. In 2021, Before She Ruled also won a Watty in the Historical Fiction category.

Regardless of what century I am writing in, however, I write stories with ugly truths and happy endings. My aim is for my stories to feature strong, relatable characters, and slow-developing, non-toxic relationships. When it comes to strategy while writing, I am somewhere between a plotter and pantser (a plantser, if you will), but my number one technique is simply to find the right song and dive into my mind palace like the one and only Sherlock Holmes. If you're someone who enjoys trading music recommendations or curating the perfect writing playlist, then we might work well together!

I read much of the same genres as I write and can easily devour a good Regency romance in a day. I equally love diving into a contemporary rom-com, though, and it's also fun to immerse myself into YA Fantasy every now and again. When I am not reading or writing, I spend my time teaching middle school language arts.

I also enjoy fostering dogs, traveling (when the pandemic allows, of course), and quoting New Girl every chance I get. 

VISIT AMELIE'S PROFILE TO SEE HER WISH LIST