I - Diamond Cutters

✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

♥ Welcome new and old friends!

♥ Thank you for taking the time to read my little story, your support is everything to me:)

♥ Moderate TW: mention of depression, anxiety, self-harm

♥ Currently re-editing older chapters for clarity, grammar, and structure (no new content)

✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

*alarm sounds for the third time*

You turn over sleepily to shut your blaring alarm off and glance over at the time.

8:30am

Holy dick it is way too early to be alive... you think to yourself.

Lazily, you get out of bed and look in the mirror. Your first class of sophomore year at the University of Paradis is in thirty minutes and your hair is a tangled mess, you have no makeup on, and even less of an idea for what to wear.

Great job. You never were a morning person, but you wanted to make a good impression today since you transferred from the University of Liberio.

Since it was early September, the hazy late summer sun was still shining. Fall was your favorite season, nice and warm during the day, yet crisp and refreshing at night.

Scanning your closet, you grab the first few things you can see. You toss on the white tank top and dark blue low-rise pants you had available. Shoving your laptop into your bag, you quickly slip on your white converse. Not wanting to mess around with your hair you grab a baseball cap and book it to class.

Although you know you're extroverted and can make friends easily, it was super nerve wracking to start brand new. But a fresh start is exactly what you needed, and it's what you deserved, after everything.

After your dad died two years ago, your mom abandoned you shortly after. Whether she just couldn't handle looking at you since you resemble your dad a lot, or just because she was a selfish bitch, you weren't sure. So, you had no choice but to move to Paradis and live with your uncle.

Some days are more difficult than others. The thoughts of being alone and abandoned can be persistent, the anxiety taking over. It's not who you are, it doesn't define you, but it does get to your head sometimes. Life has been hard and you've been dragged through the dirt, but this is a brand new chance.

One thing that always helped was being with friends and keeping busy. Keeping busy meant no thinking about the past. No thinking about how much you missed your dad, or how much you despise your mom for leaving you all alone. No thinking about how alone you were in the world, especially having to leave all your friends in Liberio.

Music also helped a lot. Drowning out your thoughts and the outside voices.

Today was a new day, you thought to yourself. As dark as life gets, faking it has helped you get through your lowest points. That's one thing your dad instilled in you before he took his own life two years ago. Feign positivity and at some point you're bound to believe it.

The new campus was beautiful. There was a lot more scenery and trees compared to the bustling city of Liberio. It was surprisingly quiet for the first day of school, probably cause it's so fucking early.

You shuffle into the large classroom with two minutes to spare and take a seat near the back. It seemed it was a very old classroom, decorated with Victorian ornaments and old wooden windows. It honestly smelled old, but in a comforting way. Kind of like an old library. Warm, nostalgic, even.