Alpha

I stared at Jexx for a second. My slow miniature brain couldn't keep up with what was happening.

When it finally did I freaked out and fell off his back.
I landed hard against the ground and the wind was nocked out of me leaving me wheezing.
Jexx looked at me with a concerned and confused look, as did everyone else.

" YOU'RE THE ALPHA?!" I yelled involuntarily.
I didn't expect it to be him, yeah he may have been huge, yeah he may of had that weird inlaid power over me in his mear words, but I thought maybe he was a beta.
Beta's have that sort of power, but never did it cross my mind that he was the damned ALPHA!

He stared at me for a second before his eyes showed me an expression that I've never seen before.
Sadness.
Hurt.
Disappointment.

I didn't understand why he looked that way.

He huffed and then looked away from me to Buck.
Buck stared back and then nodded before walking over to me and calmly peeling me off the ground.
He looked sort of irritated. It must have been because I had been riding Alpha Jexx and I had disrespected him by yelling at him and all that.

I genuinely didn't care.
I glared at Jexx with all the mistrust and hate that I could.

First, he didn't tell me he was the Alpha.
Second, there must have been some horrible reason for him to save me. All Alphas where evil, nasty and mean.
Third, he had the audacity to look SAD that I figured out that he was Alpha.
Had he been planning to keep the wool over my eyes forever?
And lastly, forth, he called me sweetheart and I genuinely LIKED IT even if I didn't want to admit it.

I glared at Alpha Jexx for a second before looking down and grunting.

Buck looked at Jexx for some sort of signal or order. All Jexx did was nod, huff, give me one last glance before turning and walking off closer to the base of the mountain.

I glared after him until he disappeared into the trees.

I turned to Buck and glared.
"What are you going to do to me now? Shove me into a cage?"
My unusual hostility was caused by both my fear of this new family and its unusually large wolves, and the betrayal I felt towards Alpha Jexx.
I put my hands on my hips and gave him my death-stare.

All Buck did was blink
." Uh-.. No. I was actually going to lead you to your new home-.." He frowned and turned around and started heading to the opposite side of the village.

After a couple minutes of walking in between roughly built buildings, and down worn grass paths Buck stopped infront of a cute looking cabin-like hut with Violets growing in the front, and ivy and grape vines growing around the little windows and door.

I felt my eyebrows raise.
It looked more happy, and homey then my old cabin did, and that was saying something, considering my old cabin was my safe place. It was cute, and more my style.

Buck scratched behind his ear and sighed."Dinners' at sun-down. Dont be late."
He turned on his heel and walked away.

I stared after him for a second before looking back at my new home.
A small smile played at my lips for a second before the reality of everything just hit me.

I left my home.
I left my somewhat of a family.
I left Mike.

My bottom lip started quivering. I had been there since he was just a little puppy, not even old enough to howl properly.

I looked down silently cursing myself for being such a horrible being as I walked up to my door.

I touched the warm door-nob and turned it before pushing the rough door open.
Inside was even more cute then the outside.